Draft Anything but LB in the first. (1 Viewer)

Some may depend on free agency but, if we do not choose LB that just means they have other viable options. I trust the talent evaluation and salary cap moves. If for some reason Galette doesn't sign, and a 3/4 LB prospect that we are targeting, is available in the draft. Why not? I think a 3/4 OLB is the best fit for Galette and we may retain his services and draft LB. However, there are other holes to be filled.

That said, @ 15 I want a player without history of injuries, fits the scheme, fills a need, can contribute, with a chance to start, BPA. Pretty much @ any position, based on roster moves, signings, and such. (there are some good 3/4 OLB on the board, some with a few question marks) In the end, I trust we will get our guy.

I'm not sure Collins fits in at #15, in the recent thread about him, I wrote what I think about him. I would say take a look at Carradine. Dude gets after it and is better than Werner. That ACL is the only thing holding him back. I've spend about an hour today looking at him and dude is for real. I question if he's a 4-3 end or not, but I think he can be good in space. On top of that, how often does Ware drop into coverage? The more I watch him, the more I like him. I still have a lot of work to do on the player though. I need to make sure I'm not making a snap judgement and use a large sample to form an opinion on him. I get the feeling the closer we get to the draft, the more people are going to start talking about him, especially if he is able to workout before the draft and that ACL checks out.

Hes rising.

You don't have have to question if Collins can play OLB...so hes 1 up on Carradine in that department.

Nor do you have to project how he will play in space. He's one up on Carradine in that category.

Ryan made Derrick Burgess into a star..wonder what he could do with Colins?

He also functions as a chesspiece. He can move all over the formation and rush. You can blitz him in any gap and he will get to the QB. Teach him some moves to combine with his natural bullrush and this guy could be scary good

Hes a former Safety....how often does Ware Drop into Coverage...i dunno but i prefer Clay Mathews ability to drop in Coverage and Blitz. I stick to my guns on If im picking an OLB @ 14 i want a guy that can rush the passer and cover. Dion Jordan will probably be gone. That leaves us with Collins who again has been moved up to the #2 OLB spot.

Its a hell of a splash pick@ 15 but its a hell of a boom if it pans out. In todays NFL u need guys that can Get to the QB and cover...he can do both. Thats bang for your buck. He doesn't come with the injury concerns that Jarvis Jones comes with either.

I think if ur willing to pick Jarvis Jones @15 with a spinal issue then taking this guy@ 15 should at least be considered.
2013 NFL Mock Draft: New names rising in the first round - SBNation.com

Hes rising.

You don't have have to question if Collins can play OLB...so hes 1 up on Carradine in that department.

Nor do you have to project how he will play in space. He's one up on Carradine in that category.

Ryan made Derrick Burgess into a star..wonder what he could do with Colins?

He also functions as a chesspiece. He can move all over the formation and rush. You can blitz him in any gap and he will get to the QB. Teach him some moves to combine with his natural bullrush and this guy could be scary good

Hes a former Safety....how often does Ware Drop into Coverage...i dunno but i prefer Clay Mathews ability to drop in Coverage and Blitz. I stick to my guns on If im picking an OLB @ 14 i want a guy that can rush the passer and cover. Dion Jordan will probably be gone. That leaves us with Collins who again has been moved up to the #2 OLB spot.

Its a hell of a splash pick@ 15 but its a hell of a boom if it pans out. In todays NFL u need guys that can Get to the QB and cover...he can do both. Thats bang for your buck. He doesn't come with the injury concerns that Jarvis Jones comes with either.

I think if ur willing to pick Jarvis Jones @15 with a spinal issue then taking this guy@ 15 should at least be considered.
2013 NFL Mock Draft: New names rising in the first round - SBNation.com
I hear you and agree with all of the points you made about Collins. I watch about three or four of his games so I have a pretty decent feel for him. He's obviously a natural athlete who potential hasn't been reached yet and he's more of a natural OLB than Carradine, though Carradine has all the tools to be able to operate in space.

With that said, Carradine is also a one year start IIRC and a pretty raw player in his own right. Carradine possess an ability that I'm not sure Collins has, and that's the ability to be a dominant pass rusher. To be honest, him and Quanterus Smith (from Western Kentucky) are probably my favorite pass rushers in this draft - though I won't lie and say I've studied every guy. I think I read somewhere that the ACL is the only reason he isn't a top guy in this draft and it looks like that thing is healing up pretty well. I only need my weakside guy to drop into coverage less than 10% of the time - give me someone who knows how the attack "the source" as I call it. Carradine is that guy.

I hear you and agree with all of the points you made about Collins. I watch about three or four of his games so I have a pretty decent feel for him. He's obviously a natural athlete who potential hasn't been reached yet and he's more of a natural OLB than Carradine, though Carradine has all the tools to be able to operate in space.

With that said, Carradine is also a one year start IIRC and a pretty raw player in his own right. Carradine possess an ability that I'm not sure Collins has, and that's the ability to be a dominant pass rusher. To be honest, him and Quanterus Smith (from Western Kentucky) are probably my favorite pass rushers in this draft - though I won't lie and say I've studied every guy. I think I read somewhere that the ACL is the only reason he isn't a top guy in this draft and it looks like that thing is healing up pretty well. I only need my weakside guy to drop into coverage less than 10% of the time - give me someone who knows how the attack "the source" as I call it. Carradine is that guy.

I agree with you on Smith who has very good hands. I haven't watched Carradine much but both guys are coming off of ACL's. Give me the healthy guy with a few questions...especially with the 1st pick.

I like the designated rusher thing but this guy can be that and Drop into coverage and u don't have to worry about him. Meaning u can vary when hes coming. Team slides the protection the wrong way and it opens up avenues for other guys. All the while hes dropping when u thought he was rushing.

Also u don't have to project if he Collins can stand up or play in space. WE already have to do that with Galette..do we really want to add another guy with a ? mark in that area

I see what you mean on Carradine. Hes pretty powerful and is a PURE passrusher. He also seems to be coming together well after the tear. Says he plays to be healthy by april. He'll run@his own event

What i find rediculous is the guy has 34 3/4 inch arms@ 6'4 and hit the bench 28x's.

How far do u think he will fall?

I agree with you on Smith who has very good hands. I haven't watched Carradine much but both guys are coming off of ACL's. Give me the healthy guy with a few questions...especially with the 1st pick.

I like the designated rusher thing but this guy can be that and Drop into coverage and u don't have to worry about him. Meaning u can vary when hes coming. Team slides the protection the wrong way and it opens up avenues for other guys. All the while hes dropping when u thought he was rushing.

Also u don't have to project if he Collins can stand up or play in space. WE already have to do that with Galette..do we really want to add another guy with a ? mark in that area
To the bolded part: That when you drop him into coverage when you have two people blocking him.

Also Galette/Wilson will need to generate some pressure on RTs rushing wide - that's a chance I can live with. That exactly what you expect out of good rushers, open up the field for other guys if they aren't getting it themselves. Good rushers aren't doubled as much as you think. People know how good Watt, Miller, and Wake are, yet they still get a ton of sacks.

I see what you mean on Carradine. Hes pretty powerful and is a PURE passrusher. He also seems to be coming together well after the tear. Says he plays to be healthy by april. He'll run@his own event

What i find rediculous is the guy has 34 3/4 inch arms@ 6'4 and hit the bench 28x's.

How far do u think he will fall?
Glad you are seeing what I'm seeing. Could be the best pass rusher in the draft, and he's still pretty raw. Very strong guy with great burst off the snap. Can play the run and the pass and I don't see a weakness in his game that isn't fixable. If that ACL is right, he could shoot up draft boards. He and Jordan are my favorites at #15 at the moment.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom