Drew Brees deserves the blame (1 Viewer)

Saintsfan321

Reaction score
I know that he has been given untouchable status on this board. No one wants to criticize him because he's played so well for us.

But two interceptions in the end zone and one interception returned for a TD.. you have to throw some of the blame at him.

xpuma20x

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm definatly blaming Brees for some of it...However, the HUGE majority of it goes to Thomas and the defense.

CCL36

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I know that he has been given untouchable status on this board. No one wants to criticize him because he's played so well for us.

But two interceptions in the end zone and one interception returned for a TD.. you have to throw some of the blame at him.
True, Brees is having a bad game

Not to mention the plethora of critial drops especially by DH, the fumbles and the lack of a running game.

luvchild14

Rookie
Reaction score
We need to run the football. You don't have 2 great running backs for anything. Run the football. Drew is a great QB, but you do not need to throw the ball over 50 times a game. RUN THE FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LSSpam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Sure some of the blame goes on him. Actually most of it since both INTs were awful decisions. There were other mistakes (Henderson fumble was critical, Evans' holding call came at a most inoppertune time, Fred Thomas died on a couple of pass plays for a variety of reasons, some drops, etc) but if you want to parcel majority blame, Brees wins yes.

CCL36

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm definatly blaming Brees for some of it...However, the HUGE majority of it goes to Thomas and the defense.
Blame the D it is the montra of the uninformed, when is this O going to live up to its potential. Cut the D some slack they are overacheiving and that is much more than the O can say. 3 times in the redzone today and 3pts, 5 turnovers, one resulting in an immediate touchdown.

As said before a donkey won't win the Kentucky Derby be glad that our D is even in the homestrech when the race is over. This offense has been atrocious missed opportunites and left the D consistently under pressure.

For instance today the D gives up the big TD to Johnson in the beginning of the 4th what does the O due (after squandering numerous opportunites in the first half) goes 3 and out and puts the D immediately back on the field and they give up another TD. The the O seals the deal with a int for a touchdown.

LSSpam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Blame the D it is the montra of the uninformed, when is this O going to live up to its potential. Cut the D some slack they are overacheiving and that is much more than the O can say. 3 times in the redzone today and 3pts, 5 turnovers, one resulting in an immediate touchdown.
Agreed. Defense played really well for 3 quarters. Expecting them to do more was unreasonable. If we go into the 4th leading 24-10, it's a different game. Defense can play soft, Fred Thomas doesn't get beat because he has safety help, and things look different.

VishaL

All-Pro
Reaction score
he had a off day, but he was just trying to do too much, whenever you go to copper theres a chance he might fumble, the protection wasnt good at all today, the run game was there at times but when you get down you hafta pass too much which makes it easy for the defense to gameplan, colston went down, devery did a good job today, but its not drew brees's fault, it was not a good day for the team, must limit turnovers

WC Steve

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Brees looked like Brooks: garbage yards, 3 turnovers, another loss.

Well, I wouldn't say garbage yards, but he did not use good judgement on his 3 INTs. I wonder if San Diego's performance last week (Rivers in particular) had Brees thinking about stats.

I would put most of the blame on the offensive playcalling. Why didn't we run the ball?

Overall, Brees is still a stud and the most meaningful FA pickup since Horn. He had a bad game...it happens.

boxerharley

Very Banned
Reaction score
maybe now folks can stop talking about how our secondary is average..they are garbage, and they showed it, maybe we get in the playoffs this year....SP next year...

NCSaint

I don't think Brees is untouchable. This is just the only real stinker he has thrown out there. I am sure he will be the first to admit it too.

I am as ****** as anybody about this loss. Losing sucks plain and simple and there is alot of blame to go around. IF the two redzone picks were TD's this is a different game and a win and that falls to Brees. With those scores the pick INT also is probably not thrown (although we sure are a pass happy team).

FWtex

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Agreed and Agreed...we may as well play Mitch Berger at CB in place of Thomas
Don't blame Thomas. The first TD is on Bullochs for getting sucked in on the play fake and not giving the deep help. Other than the 2nd Johnson TD, Thomas played a very good game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Interview with the Enemy: Las Vegas Raiders expect to upset Drew Brees and the Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees and Tom Brady finish 1st showdown as divisional foes seeking more Saints RSS News Feeds 0
bigcarlittlewill Drew Brees licked his fingers 66 times or more last night Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
Saint Kamara The pre-2017 Drew Brees has a 3 interception game on days like today Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 18
Watch: On Drew Brees' day, Demario Davis' contract, Jenkins' pick-six, more as Saints beat Bucs Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Drew Brees Postgame After Week 1 Win vs. Buccaneers | 2020 NFL SR News Page Articles 0
Saints QB Drew Brees breaks Brett Favre's career passing attempts record Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees breaks career pass attempts record Saints RSS News Feeds 0
If Drew Brees retired this offseason, the Saints' plan was to pursue Tom Brady: report Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Bucs' Tom Brady vs. Saints' Drew Brees is QB matchup for the ages Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees thought 2017 was going to be his final season. Then he started having fun again Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees and Sean Payton's 'unbelievable journey' now entering its 15th season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees New Orleans Saints Swing Vote Series Bobblehead Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Will Drew Brees go deep? And will Cam Jordan finally get his due? Top Saints storylines Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette New Orleans' Drew Brees, Tampa Bay's Tom Brady provide historic backdrop to regular-season opener SR News Page Articles 0
Walker: It's now or never for Drew Brees in his relentless quest for second Super Bowl ring Saints RSS News Feeds 2
Battle of the GOATs? Why Tom Brady-Drew Brees matchup is like nothing we've seen before Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Drew Brees 'on borrowed time' as Saints enter Super Bowl-or-bust season SR News Page Articles 0
Interview with the Enemy: Tampa Bay Buccaneers hope a young and improved secondary give troubles for Drew Brees Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees: “I’m on borrowed time” Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints' Drew Brees on playing Tom Brady: 'I've got nothing to lose. I'm turning it loose.' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Brett Favre on Drew Brees’s 2020 season: I think it’s his last season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
New Orleans Saints 2020 season preview: Can Drew Brees & Co. finally thrive in January? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
superchuck500 Nice new piece from Luke Johnson (Advocate) on Sean/Drew relationship Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
superchuck500 Will Drew lick his fingers? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 23
jasonsw Saints This article is a slap in the face of Drew. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 22
Emmanuel Sanders says Saints and Brees are unified, ready to pick up slack for Michael Thomas Saints RSS News Feeds 0
DomePatrol2005 Yahoo article throws some shade Brees way Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 54
Barnwell: Handing out 13 QB awards for Week 1, from Brady and Brees to Burrow and Wentz Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Beignets and Café au Lait: Brees 1 - Brady 0 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Brees was subpar Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 43
NOLAJM504 Brees long-ball, is it low-key back? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 53
Brees' latest NFL record: Career pass attempts Saints RSS News Feeds 0
ktmoze Brees-Brady: There will only Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Sources: Brees planned to retire, changed mind Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Sources: Saints wanted Brady if Brees retired Saints RSS News Feeds 0
This is 40: Brady vs. Brees adds to unique list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Would Brees depart Saints like Brady to Bucs? He'll 'finish right here,' Archie Manning says Saints RSS News Feeds 0
QB Brees 'on borrowed time,' echoes SB or bust Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saint Kamara Has Brees successfully kicked the habit of licking his fingers? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 17