DT Nathan Shepherd restructures (2 Viewers)

Us converting Shephard’s lowly $3 million, to me, is another subtle sign that the team plans to go all out on these restructures this year and give it another go.

Like Yates hypothesized, I think we are going to be real players in free agency. Whether you agree with the philosophy or not, the team is feeling the heat and will swing for the fences, I believe.
Swinging for the fence can be dangerous. You have a 50 50 chance of striking out or a hone run. Maybe 70 30

Says we're the only team already over the 25 cap lol.

I will never understand the fascination fanbases, and the media, have for teams being cosmetically over the cap in future seasons. Seriously, why does this even matter?

It is literally demonstrated every single year that it doesn’t. It must be like a mere psychological comfort-zone thing I guess.

I will never understand the fascination fanbases, and the media, have for teams being cosmetically over the cap in future seasons. Seriously, why does this even matter?

It is literally demonstrated every single year that it doesn’t. It must be like a mere psychological comfort-zone thing I guess.
I think you already know.

Some people just NEED to complain. It's a real thing. It's all they know how to do. POOR ME.

it would be important to gauge how important the Saints FO view and respect DC. (Regardless of what others think, it’s what they think that’ll have any impact on the team. ). I can only speculate but I think it’s safe to assume that DA and ML have a ton of respect for DC. They convinced DC not to fully explore Fa when he became available. I’m sure they gave him their word that they’ll do everything in their power to give him the best chance to succeed in the final years of his career. So I feel they are going to go all in this offseason to put together a competitive roster. DC had he gone to SF would probabaly have a Super Bowl ring. Or had he gone to the Jets, would've most likely made the later rounds of the playoffs at a minimum. Or if he had gone to Tampa wouldve won the NFC South. Im not insinuating that he’s Joe Montana, I’m just saying that the aforementioned teams had enough pieces around them already, that adding DC would've been the missing piece to their success. Instead he chose the Saints, expecting a lights out defense that never showed up. Statistically the Saints D did well over all, but it was more of a fact that they really beat up the weak teams, which skewed the data making it seem they were outright dominant. For example they shut out NE 34-0 which skewed the data. I say all of that not to glorify anyone, but to emphasize the Saints FO desire and commitment to live up to their word. This is why all of the offensive coaches have been changed. To revamp the offense and also allow DA to get busy correcting his D. The culture change will continue most likely releasing any possible poisonous personalities. (MT, JW, and maybe even Kamara) Think about it, how embarrassing would it be for DA if his awesome new offensive coaching staff would witness current players taking shots at him and the team on Twitter all season long. If he learned anything from Sean, expect a roster purge. So, i believe we’ll be big players in the offseason.
Calling Jameis Winston a poisonous personality tells me everything I need to know about you and negates anything you ever say in this forum. Jameis could not be any further from poisonous. Absurd.

Lol it matters. Just not to you. If you think eating all the dead money the team eats by kicking the can is a good thing and has resulted in good results then so be it.

And I'm not fascinated with it, this is a message board to talk about the Saints so I posted it.

I also don't need any psychological support or comfort zone thing, for a game.

Have a good day. 😊

I think you already know.

Some people just NEED to complain. It's a real thing. It's all they know how to do. POOR ME.
I'm not complaining, nor do I feel poor me.
I'm excited about the new hires and direction of the team. 😊

Some people know how to jump to conclusions, it's all they know how to do. Poor you. 😉 How the heck would it be poor me when it's a game? Literally just entertainment. If you take it that seriously then poor you.

Some people also have the need to be nasty any time someone dares have a different opinion or outlook than themselves.

I was talking about the Saints' FO (DA and ML) point of view of JW, not my own.
Yeah it's funny about Jameis, he's maybe my favorite Saint right now and it has nothing to with his ability as a QB. Lol never saw that coming. He's an amazing teammate.

I'm actually a bigger fan of Jameis than I am DA and ML lol.

he was actually decent
Decent enough to not upgrade with better talent if possible?

The Saints ranked 27th in rush defense which is horrid...the last eight games, Saints gave up over 150 yards a game on the ground, which was LAST in the NFL.

If the Saints could upgrade at DT then they should do so even if that means cutting Saunders (save 1.6 million) or Shepard (5.4 million hit).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom