DT Nathan Shepherd restructures (1 Viewer)

Wow, Field Yates is the first reporter I have seen acknowledge that the situation is not dire and the team isn't out here scrambling trying to figure out what in the world it's going to do to get out of the woods on this.

Wow, Field Yates is the first reporter I have seen acknowledge that the situation is not dire and the team isn't out here scrambling trying to figure out what in the world it's going to do to get out of the woods on this.

Field has pretty close ties to Khai Hartley and has spoken glowingly about him before.

Last edited:
Us converting Shephard’s lowly $3 million, to me, is another subtle sign that the team plans to go all out on these restructures this year and give it another go.

Like Yates hypothesized, I think we are going to be real players in free agency. Whether you agree with the philosophy or not, the team is feeling the heat and will swing for the fences, I believe.

Us converting Shephard’s lowly $3 million, to me, is another subtle sign that the team plans to go all out on these restructures this year and give it another go.

Like Yates hypothesized, I think we are going to be real players in free agency. Whether you agree with the philosophy or not, the team is feeling the heat and will swing for the fences, I believe.
Underhill and Trip gave a masterclass on how the Saints work the Cap last night. was a good show.

I think the Saints can continue to do this forever if they wanted, but they’d have a lot more flexibility if they hit on a rookie w/ a cheap contract.

Would allow them to take their medicine in a year if they QB shows promise because they are trying hard not to reboot.

I think there is an in between… not everything is an all in attempt. The team wants to be competitive and will go business as usual to field the best team they can.

It’s pretty obvious that they can be very competitive in the NFCS and frankly, the entire NFC isn’t exactly world beaters.

I think there is an in between… not everything is an all in attempt. The team wants to be competitive and will go business as usual to field the best team they can.

It’s pretty obvious that they can be very competitive in the NFCS and frankly, the entire NFC isn’t exactly world beaters.

Maybe, but why eke out an extra $3m when there are plenty of other deals out there to redo that would make us more than cap compliant? To me, this seems like we are trying to squeeze out every penny we can, for whatever reason.

First, I’m not right, I’m just making conversation but maybe, they want to avoid restructuring Cam so they have to squeeze stuff out of the smaller contracts.

First, I’m not right, I’m just making conversation but maybe, they want to avoid restructuring Cam so they have to squeeze stuff out of the smaller contracts.

That's what I was thinking. The big cap increase this year may allow them to avoid structuring Cam, Ram, and maybe Demario unless they do need it later on for a big free agent deal. If they don't have to restructure those deals, they can avoid a lot of dead money at the end of those contracts or when they retire.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom