Dunk Contest? (1 Viewer)

The contest is for young players only. Vince had his years. Kobe had his. They usually pick players within the first 3 or 4 years of their careers. As far as LeBron goes, he was asked 3 years in a row and he kept declining. One of the only things that disappoints me about his career.

It's still the same stuff, over and over again. The one that bounced off the back of the backboard, caught it and windmilled it in was pretty nice. However the rest? **Yawn**

Did you watch it last night?

If so, have you seen the past few years?

This year was totally different. I mean, not the between the legs stuff - thats been done.

The nerf hoop? The cupcake? These were different. Say what you will about the Superman dunk but it was entertaining - and - that's what this contest is all about.

I missed it, can anyone link a youtube video of it? i cant find one.

I guess Im the only one who thinks recent contests, including this one, are terrible. Lame props like nerf hoops and cupcakes? I mean, come on. As if putting on a super man costume makes a dunk that has been out done many times in past contests all of a sudden great. Man I miss the days of Jordan and D Wilkins going back and forth with a Spud Webb thrown in here and there. Jordan from the free throw line>guy in superman costume.

:worthy:
00208_3317.jpg

Did you watch it last night?

If so, have you seen the past few years?

This year was totally different. I mean, not the between the legs stuff - thats been done.

The nerf hoop? The cupcake? These were different. Say what you will about the Superman dunk but it was entertaining - and - that's what this contest is all about.
I try to watch it every year, but I don't usually make it to the end because I have seen them all before...

So your saying putting on a superman costume and not even actually dunking the ball beats Jordan from the free throw line? Why, because of some stupid fad rap song?

Didn't Dr. J do it from the free throw line before Jordan? I agree that having AllStars going at it against each other would make it more popular though.

Due in large part to legitimate points made in this thread by MLU, the modern dunk contest has a lot to do with showmanship and captivating your audience.

I'm with the crowd that thinks Howard won the contest with his first dunk, but the Superman dunk was unreal as well. Jordan launched from the free throw line off one foot; Howard launched with two feet not too far from the charity line. It probably would be one of the top five dunks ever if he actually slammed it down. Throwing it in probably lowered its value somewhat.

The overall show was highly entertaining to me. Just watching Dwight Howard play basketball entertains me though. He is easily one of the most gifted athletes ever.

So your saying putting on a superman costume and not even actually dunking the ball beats Jordan from the free throw line? Why, because of some stupid fad rap song?

Sorry, allow me to re-phrase.

:worthy:
helmet.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom