Eagles' Sheldon Brown: "You don't fool with him." article 9/18 (1 Viewer)

Yeah. I'm expecting a few screens and draws, as well as many three-step drops, to slow the Eagles D on Sunday.

A big dose of Mike Bell too. If they can move the chains on the ground the Eagles will be in for another offensive headache they weren't really expecting. I'd look to Bushrod to have either TE or FB help depending how well he holds up early. I see the game like this - if the Eagles blitz catches the Saints blockers off guard, they will lose. If the Saints pick up the blitz and Brees has time, it should be fun.

I thought what he meant by "fool with him" was that you don't play off to try and bait Drew Brees. Like, less gambling and more solid coverage. I don't know, we'll see on Sunday.

Offense has never "relied" on bulletin board material. So I'm not sure what "next level" you're talking about.

My point being that this team needs to be completely self motivated to be a Super Bowl caliber team. There have been instances in each of the past 3 seasons where our team has come out completely flat for no apparent reason. That can't happen. There's no question that our team has had some motivation issues in the past.

I'd look to Bushrod to have either TE or FB help depending how well he holds up early.

I hope the TE help comes from 6'7", 320 lb. Zach Strief.:hihi: Can't let Brees get blindsided.

My point being that this team needs to be completely self motivated to be a Super Bowl caliber team. There have been instances in each of the past 3 seasons where our team has come out completely flat for no apparent reason. That can't happen. There's no question that our team has had some motivation issues in the past.

It happens to every team every season at some point. I don't believe "motivation" has ever been an issue for this team. Even the 16-0 Patriots had "bad games" (like a 20-10 win over a 4-12 NYJs with only 270 yards of offense).

Your point is baseless and useless.

It happens to every team every season at some point. I don't believe "motivation" has ever been an issue for this team. Even the 16-0 Patriots had "bad games" (like a 20-10 win over a 4-12 NYJs with only 270 yards of offense).

Your point is baseless and useless.

All you did was point out something any idiot watching the NFL for 3 weeks could've figured out. But please, continue on with your pretentious, pseudo-intellectual, neurotic act. I'm very impressed as always with it.:9:

Still not getting your point. You've offered nothing to suggest the Saints have not been "motivated" on offense in the past (under Payton) other then the fact that they have had occasional bad games.

As you noted, anyone who watches football for more then 3 weeks knows all teams have bad games occasionally, even quality, highly motivated teams.

Ergo, you have not watched football for more then 3 weeks? Stop surrendering and just elaborate on what your point was. Surely I missed it. Why are we moving to the "next level" on offense motivation-wise?

Whatever. All this crap sounds like the garbage New England has put out for years. "Oh we respect them sooooo much, ooooohhh they're going to be soooo tough".....and they're facing Cinncinati. New England never believed that ****. And if you don't think the Eagles aren't sitting in meetings thinking they're going to knock the shine off Brees and the offense you're kidding yourself.

The Saints offense scares a lot of defenses but I don't think the Eagles are one of them.

So what's your point? Eagles never show disrespect to their opponent. They talk up the positives of the other team and the pieces that we need to be concerned about. What the hell do you want them to say?

So what's your point? Eagles never show disrespect to their opponent. They talk up the positives of the other team and the pieces that we need to be concerned about. What the hell do you want them to say?

They're going over the top this time. My only point was that I don't think the volume of "praise" being offered is a sign of respect, I think it's pretension.

They're going over the top this time. My only point was that I don't think the volume of "praise" being offered is a sign of respect, I think it's pretension.

That's your opinion...which of course you're entitled to...but I don't see this as over the top. Drew Brees is heralded as the best QB in the NFC...and now being compared to Peyton and Brady. If we didn't "praise" your offense, which apparently has earned it, you'd complain that you were disrespected.

That said, we have a hellish offense as well...albeit without McNabb and with a new OL...and according to Eagles live, is still making changes in the starting lineup. I have little faith in Kolb...BUT we have a great safety net in Garcia. That was the best move Eagles could have made, considering the circumstances.

Which is it?

That the Eagles' defense is a ferocious, quarterback-eating machine? Or that Carolina, their first opponent, was awful enough to be made a meal of?

Who the **** taught this guy how to compose a sentence?!

A defense that logged 5 sacks, 10 QB hits, 2 recovered fumbles, 5 interceptions & a TD last week will probably not be too intimidated. Our offense against their defense certainly seems to be an intriguing matchup.

That said, we have a hellish offense as well...albeit without McNabb and with a new OL...and according to Eagles live, is still making changes in the starting lineup. I have little faith in Kolb...BUT we have a great safety net in Garcia. That was the best move Eagles could have made, considering the circumstances.

Garcia has been murder on the Saints over the years. I think every Saints' fan cringed when he signed with you guys :covri:

brees' best is better than their best.

This was said by brees before the Green Bay game last season. They had the #1 passing Defense at the time, IIRC. I'd love to see an offensive performance like that by us this weekend.

A defense that logged 5 sacks, 10 QB hits, 2 recovered fumbles, 5 interceptions & a TD last week will probably not be too intimidated. Our offense against their defense certainly seems to be an intriguing matchup.

flex.gif
Dude, I was stunned by their performance last week to be honest. McDermott is truly a descendant of Jim Johnson and it shows. I hope they match that intensity this week...we're going to need it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom