Eagles will stress the Saints front 7 this week. (44 Viewers)

Nice thing is that we didn't show too much of our defensive playbook in the Dallas game, we got up so quickly that we stayed in base rush-four/cover-seven most of the second half.

They really miss AJ Brown when he doesn't play -- there's a big WR drop-off after Devanta Smith, and certainly no other deep threats, so I imagine we may have more blitz opportunities.
We're going to win this game by at least 10. That's my prediction.

Last edited:
Yeah, need that spy. Perhaps this deserves a separate post...but anyone noticing the lack of an impact Bresee is having?

I'm really starting to see him as a 5Tech that reduces inside to 3Tech on passing downs, because on running downs as a DT he gets washed and tends to lose the leverage battle a good bit. Saw him on the ground a couple times last week and I haven't seen the jump from him I was expecting.
I've seen some expert say that his run defense is way better this year and he's also gotten a strick sack fumble, so is he really not having an impact?

Yep. Mobile QBs are a handful for any DC but some of them figure out a way to at least limit them a bit. As good as DA is he just can't even when it comes to mobile QBs. Hell they don't even have to be that mobile. Dan Marino with two blown out knees could power walk his way to a 1st down against our defense.

I'd like to hear from some of our experts around here about why DA has historically struggled with QBs running? What is it about his scheme that allows for that? I can understand a QB sneaking out when you're running man coverage and everyone has their back to the QB. But when it happens over and over and there's no adjustment, I don't get that. Seems like we're always watching a QB take off with 30 yards of green in front of him with Cam Jordan trailing.
I agree we got torched last year by the backup QB who could run..\

So many people have jumped on the Saints bandwagon that this game feels like the typical letdown game for us. I HOPE that's not the case as DA and Kubiak have them focused and we can roll these fools hard but I am nervous.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom