EJW's Saints Mock Draft /w Trades (1 Viewer)

hate hate hate

As many Mock Drafts as ive read on this sight never do i critisize people for how they draft. If a player is a reach hes a reach in who's mind? Yours or the team. Bruce Irving was a reach in most pundits mind but not to the Seahaws.

My point is if you want to say i reached for particular players say i reached but don't knock me for drafting for what is value TO ME. We will not hold the same value for some players and you wouldn't draft the same way as me.

So take it @ face value is a mock draft from a non GM. Have fun with it.
I think he's saying it's more about trying to make it realistic and make sense more than tailoring it to get the player and picks you want. Not sure it was necessarily criticism.

I think it would be nice to see more realistic mocks around here with descriptions - that way we understand the thought process even if we disagree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Overreact much. I did not red thumb you. I never mentioned "reaching" in my post, never discussed "value." These are apparently YOUR OWN concerns about the players you selected, not mine.

But because you have spent the past two days saying you wanted Collins, you designed a mock that reflected your desires to see the Saints take him as well as some of the others you mentioned. Better put, this was less a mock and more your own "wish list" of what you want us to do. It could have been called "my dream Saints draft." As much as that might be taken as a criticism by you, it is more an observation. And judging by your own initial post, it is difficult for you to refute.

#1 every draft has a plan. You go into it with 1a 1b 1c etc etc. My draft was constructed around getting Jamie Collins true..but where i value him is up to me. Any 1 team draft can be seen as a "Dream Draft" However the points u are making on where i selected guys and if they are available is POINTLESS. We didn't discuss value but clearly where i picked players was based on MY VALUE thats going to be an argument 24/7 if u see differently.

So id appreciate actual criticism as it allows me to adjust what i can for my next...but pointing out about how i just drafted based on what i wanted is rediculous. Everyone that does a 1 team draft..draft based on what they want and their own value. Trying to figure out where guys will fall based on the national pundits is futile anyway.

I think he's saying it's more about trying to make it realistic and make sense more than tailoring it to get the player and picks you want. Not sure it was necessarily criticism.

I think it would be nice to see more realistic mocks around here with descriptions - that way we understand the thought process even if we disagree.

A realistic draft is in the eye of the beholder. Again i point to the seahawks draft last year and Bruce Irving.

Lets say i was a guy doing a mock for them last year and i moved up to 15 to take irving. People would say "thats not realistic"...yet when it happens in real life because of how high they had 1 guy rated vs where "the national pundits" ranked him people say THATS A REACH. Its only a reach/unrealistic to anyone that has a different opinion of value.

I can only appeal to so many people. Trading back with San Fran for their 1st and 2nd and forcing them to throw in a 3rd is realistic to me..because it COULD happen.

Jamie Collins@ #15 if we cant move down is realistic to me. Yet if i post a draft with him@ 15 someones going to blow up and say.....UNREALISTIC.

Id rather just critiques as far as value..but i don't see the point in calling people out because their "fake" draft isn't "real" enough.

And that is where we disagree. I dong think Austin is worth the 15th pick and where everyone else has him ranked doesn't concern me.

Like I said no one had Bruce Irving ranked as high as he went...so for all the media chatter about Austin hey may not be the best receiver in the draft...and to me he's not.

Agreed...I like Patterson more.

This.

#1 every draft has a plan. You go into it with 1a 1b 1c etc etc. My draft was constructed around getting Jamie Collins true..but where i value him is up to me. Any 1 team draft can be seen as a "Dream Draft" However the points u are making on where i selected guys and if they are available is POINTLESS. We didn't discuss value but clearly where i picked players was based on MY VALUE thats going to be an argument 24/7 if u see differently.

So id appreciate actual criticism as it allows me to adjust what i can for my next...but pointing out about how i just drafted based on what i wanted is rediculous. Everyone that does a 1 team draft..draft based on what they want and their own value. Trying to figure out where guys will fall based on the national pundits is futile anyway.

You are very much the sensitive type. I have never made any points on where you selected a guy/on if they will be available. Never. Nunca. If I did, show it to me? In this lifetime, by the way. And while you are at it, also show me where I stated that Jamie Collins should be undervalued by you and/or that he should rank lower than where you project him?

Hmm, you are quoting my words so I know this is not a matter of mistakenly responding to me when you are truly responding to someone else. So I definitely need you to show me how your responses relate to my reaction to your draft. Again, in this lifetime. I need relevancy or for you to accept that I made an observation that your mock draft was more a dream draft than an actual mock of how you see things playing out.

A realistic draft is in the eye of the beholder. Again i point to the seahawks draft last year and Bruce Irving.

Lets say i was a guy doing a mock for them last year and i moved up to 15 to take irving. People would say "thats not realistic"...yet when it happens in real life because of how high they had 1 guy rated vs where "the national pundits" ranked him people say THATS A REACH. Its only a reach/unrealistic to anyone that has a different opinion of value.

I can only appeal to so many people. Trading back with San Fran for their 1st and 2nd and forcing them to throw in a 3rd is realistic to me..because it COULD happen.

Jamie Collins@ #15 if we cant move down is realistic to me. Yet if i post a draft with him@ 15 someones going to blow up and say.....UNREALISTIC.

Id rather just critiques as far as value..but i don't see the point in calling people out because their "fake" draft isn't "real" enough.
I'm definitely not attacking your mock (rather if I like it or not), I just think that there is just a communication gap.

To the point about the Hawks last year, you make a point but I'm not sure if you are trying to say that the Saints may do the same thing that they did or that everyone thinks you are reaching but you feel different. Also, I'm not sure Irving was a reach, I know the Jets were targeting him also. Just a case of the NFL scouts being a few steps ahead of the scouting community - kind of like Eric Decosta did today.

Another thing: I wouldn't worry about appealing to people, I think that's where the disconnect may be. A mock draft is more of a possible scenario that may play out more than a manipulative tool to get the player you want - not saying you are doing this, but it just isn't clear. I recall my mock draft, a ton of people disliked it and it's probably going to be wrong and I knew that when I posted it. I even said I know it will play out differently. Since then, I'm MUCH higher on Williams out of Bama, Datone Jones would have made it to the first, Jordan would be higher, and I could go on forever. It was simply a pre-FA snapshot of where I thought guys would possibly land.

I think the more important aspect is the though process that went into it and I'm not sure that was transparent from the OP. A thread shows up about some guy on this forum having a friend who knows Collins really well and Collins said the Saints really like him and now we are drafting him. Next thing you know, a mock shows up with us magically getting two really high picks and landing the player we targeted and a player in a position of major need. It's just a tough sell, with some arguably shaky analysis/description of how it turned out that way.

I'm not sure I'm calling your draft fake or anything like that, I guess I'm just asking for a bit more information into your thought process that went into it - that makes for a better discussion. You said you would post your analysis of it later in the week, and I'm starting to think that may have been a better time to post this draft so the analysis would be with it to clear up any misunderstandings.

At the end of the day, this mock, and all other mocks are a guess. If we draft Collins at pick 15 (which may be quite possible), it doesn't make you a genius, you simply guessed the pick right with the delta being our needs and whats available - and that can be said for my mock and every other mock you see until April 25th.

You are very much the sensitive type. I have never made any points on where you selected a guy/on if they will be available. Never. Nunca. If I did, show it to me? In this lifetime, by the way. And while you are at it, also show me where I stated that Jamie Collins should be undervalued by you and/or that he should rank lower than where you project him?

Hmm, you are quoting my words so I know this is not a matter of mistakenly responding to me when you are truly responding to someone else. So I definitely need you to show me how your responses relate to my reaction to your draft. Again, in this lifetime. I need relevancy or for you to accept that I made an observation that your mock draft was more a dream draft than an actual mock of how you see things playing out.

Agreed. Took some time to think about it and I figured out your point which it did have a wishlist feel to it. Which could have been due to my lack of "reason" or justification/explaination of my picks.

Touche

Ok i couldn't contain it any longer. Im@ work so i have to keep it short but this would be the perfect Draft for us IMHO.

* We squeeze the Jets for their 4th rounder.

* Steelers move up and Select Jarvis Jones and we trade back with the 49ers so they can grab Tavon Austin (AJ Jenkins pick was a disaster) Get their 1,2,3(on trade value chard their 1st and 2nd is more than enough but because we are NFC Rivals the 3rd is the cost of doing business)

1st ( Terron Armstead - OL)

2nd (Jamie Collins - DE/OLB)
3rd ( John Boyett SS/FS)
3rd (Sanders Commings CB)
4th(Zaviar Gooden WILB)
4th(Josh Boyce -WR)
5th(Latavius Murray - RB)
6th(Ryan Griffin -QB)

This is just a quick mock...but its close to my final draft. I'll do one with Analysis later on in the week.

Wow, if the board hates this draft they must really LOVE my bears experts mock draft. :hihi:

I think that is a heck of a draft except that I think I'd probably want to work in an OLB in there somewhere and swap out Boyd and Boyett for Tavarres King and Baccari Rambo. Otherwise, I really like it.:9:

I'll be honest, I havent done a ton of homework on the OL. But it seems like Armstead came outta no where. He ran a fast 40 and became a house hold name. Is he any good?

His pre draft buzz reminds me a lot of Bruce Campbell. Correct me if I'm wrong but didnt he come out as a tackle but ended up at Guard for the raiders? I remember his athleticism is what made him a 3rd/4th rather than 7th

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom