Eli Mvp (1 Viewer)

I agree the Giants D played tremendous. The game could not have been won without them. But what individual on the D would you give it to?

On the other hand, the game would have not been won had Eli not put on that spectacular drive at the end. He would not give up, and was really clutch to produce the game-winning TD.

Pity they don't give MVP to best offensive and MVP to best defensive player, too. Strahan could have got one.

Jason Tuck.

superbowl winning touchdowns:

eli manning 1
giants defense 0

yeah the defense was great, but eli won the game for them in the end

Pats=274 total yards/14 points.

You forget about the first 3 quarters where the Pats were basically getting stuffed and could only muster one very early TD on what the first drive. That was far more impressive considering the offense of the Pats was thought to be almost unstoppable, some people felt that the D could possibly get scored on a little because of they were a little on the older side but to basically shut down that entire offense for most of the game and hold them to 14 points(sacked Brady how many times?? 6, not to mention they were n the backfield all game long hitting Brady's @#$). That's is unreal.

Pats=274 total yards/14 points.

You forget about the first 3 quarters where the Pats were basically getting stuffed and could only muster one very early TD on what the first drive. That was far more impressive considering the offense of the Pats was thought to be almost unstoppable, some people felt that the D could possibly get scored on a little because of they were a little on the older side but to basically shut down that entire offense for most of the game and hold them to 14 points(sacked Brady how many times?? 6, not to mention they were n the backfield all game long hitting Brady's @#$). That's is unreal.

I'm not denying that the defense ruled the game, and stopped the most potent offense ever. But I still think that Eli deserved the MVP not only due to his play and his game-winning drive, but because the most effective way to stop the Patriots offense is to keep them off the field, and he did that with some great time consuming drives. So in a way he played "defense" as well. Not to mention his defense was fresh the entire game, thanks to very few 3-and-outs by the Giants offense.

It was so fun watching Brady get smacked around all day! :9:

The D played a great game, but Eli deserves it. His clock management, accuracy and just that play getting out of the sure handed sack is what got him that MVP. Sorry that some of you are just bitter about it, but it is what it is and the right guy got it.

The D played the best I have seen as a unit in quite sometime. Sure, they didn't have an answer for Welker, but he didn't find the endzone either.

Did anyone else find it interesting that Moss was going across the middle? Were they that desperate that they had to change their gameplan that much because of the job that the D was doing?

Still, it doesn't matter. IMO, the right man got the MVP. 2 Manning SB wins in a row and 2 Manning MVP's in a row.

You're all missing the point. It's all about Louisiana bred talent, baby. Eli throws the winning touchdown and Webster bats away that ball at the end.

SECSECSECSEC

Jason Tuck.

Justin Tuck

I'd have to give it to him or Strahan, both played like beasts out there.

Eli definatly deserved it though, he came his cool the entire game, never made a mistake and came up when it counted (in the end).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom