Eric Gordon trade rumors (1 Viewer)

Who doesn't want him gone?

I'm guessing wanting him gone is a requirement to being a Hornicans fan. I should have cheered the team on and booed Gordon last week.

You know what could probably help you feel better? Move on...

I'm guessing wanting him gone is a requirement to being a Hornicans fan. I should have cheered the team on and booed Gordon last week.

You know what could probably help you feel better? Move on...

What is a Hornican? Did you mean Hornets? It is Pelicans now!

See History, Baron Davis, That Mashburn guy, and "His heart is in New Orleans" Chris Paul and you see why I may have reservations.

Gordon's a bum. This is the second time Demps has fallen for thinking a superstar really cares deep down when it's apparent on the outside he doesn't. Also the second time they had a chance to deal Gordon and they didn't. Hopefully it gets done over the summer.

Trade Gordon Draft OLADIPO!!!Please OLADIPO FITS US PERFECTLY!!!

Make it happen Dell&Mick

New Orleans Pelicans General Manager Dell Demps not ruling out possibility Eric Gordon could be traded | NOLA.com

During an end of season news conference Monday at the New Orleans Arena, Demps said if a deal arises with Gordon or any other player the Pelicans will have to look at it after finishing with a 27-55 record and missing the playoffs for the second consecutive season.
Gordon led the Hornets with a 17.0 scoring average, but he missed 40 games due to a right knee injury and had strict restrictions imposed by team doctors that held him out of the second game of back-to-back sets to avoid overworking his knee.

"To say if I anticipate him being back – I don’t know if that’s something I can answer right now, or him not to be back,’’ Demps said. "We’re going to sit down and evaluate every situation and opportunity.

Also sounds like Monty is staying put.

So you're saying you don't want Gordon as the cornerstone of the franchise?

So you're saying you don't want Gordon as the cornerstone of the franchise?

Perhaps he don't want to be the cornerstone of this franchise. They certainly did not say Eric was staying like they were for Monty today.

If you're used to Payton and Loomis, I don't see why this would be any different. Saying a bunch of words without really saying anything.

If you're used to Payton and Loomis, I don't see why this would be any different. Saying a bunch of words without really saying anything.

Not making a commitment he will be back next year usually means they will shop him(E.G). Perfect example since you brought up Loomis , Chris Ivory.

Not making a commitment he will be back next year usually means they will shop him(E.G). Perfect example since you brought up Loomis , Chris Ivory.

I just think it means he is willing to trade him for an amazing deal. I don't think Demps will be on the phone, actively calling all teams asking what he can get for him and accepting peanuts if offered. But if the right team comes calling and offers something of great value, then he will consider that for sure. Every player is tradeable, so it is difficult to guarantee that a player will be back next year. I am sure LeBron is considered untradeable, but what if the Thunder offered Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and the next 5 years 1st rounders?

I think it goes without saying that you will listen to any trade offer from any team for any player but it doesn't mean that you would trade the player unless the offer was too good to pass up. These things are not diacussed at press conferences.

The fact the Dell and Monty openly talk about the possibility of trading Gordon should be the only indicator anyone need to understand this is not just a casual situation. You do not discuss the options of moving a player in a media forum unless you expect that to be a real possibility because when you do, you are opening the team up to a negative reaction from the player and/or fans. Plus it's just bad business to say "Yes we'll trade this guy if the right deal comes along" and then when it doesn't say "Yea, this guy's part of our family and a key piece"

Robin Lopez and Grievous Vasquez are two other players that get multiple mentions in regards to trade possibilities among fans because of their success and contract status. I've never heard once Monty or Dell say that the team would be open to moving either Vasquez or Lopez if the right offer came along. They would of course, but you don't hear them talking about it. Fact, you hear the opposite, High praise for both and how they are important pieces on this team. Again no doubt in my mind that if a great offer came in for either they would be moved, but it's all in the handling.

You're talking about a RFA versus a guy that was just signed...

The last two posts pretty much sums it up. Unless you have an "untradeable" player, you always listen to offers, but it doesn't mean you are actively trying to trade him.

Gordon has routinely disappointed me as a fan of the team and of his.

We need to move on and we need to upgrade our 2,3 and 5.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom