Saints Erik McCoy in a walking boot. (1 Viewer)

Saint Taysom

MultiTool Tool
Reaction score
SHH podcast noted that McCoy left the Saints locker room last night in a walking boot and looking very hesitant to put any weight on that leg.
It is being reported as a calf injury.

Unbelievable, but it appears he may be lost for at least a few weeks.

The Saints really need to hope Penning can get back soon and contribute almost immediately.

Maybe they could put Penning at LT and move Hurst to RG instead of Throckmorton?

Unbelievable, but it appears he may be lost for at least a few weeks.

With this medical staff he's done forever.
giphy.gif

I didn’t see the injury, so I don’t know if it looked bad or what? I turned the game off early in the 2nd half.

I heard Werner got carted back to the locker room as well, and that certainly sounds like something bad

At this point just IR all remaining healthy starters and call it a day. It’s not like they’re playing well anyway. DA and The endless bleed out from injuries killed the season anyway. Bubble wrap and store until next season and hope we have a new HC.

Shut him down, the season is over
I'd say same with Penning. If you put him in a position where he has to do a lot of heavy lifting your risking reinjury. With no McCoy and a banged up Ram already he will have work really hard to protect the QB.

By the way does anyone know if Peat is still alive. He never mentioned in the games or even on here surprisingly.

I'd say same with Penning. If you put him in a position where he has to do a lot of heavy lifting your risking reinjury. With no McCoy and a banged up Ram already he will have work really hard to protect the QB.

By the way does anyone know if Peat is still alive. He never mentioned in the games or even on here surprisingly.
The difference is Penning needs snaps for experience so he’ll be ready to start next year

I thought Throckmorton did well in the game. It was after he came in that Dalton started getting more time in the pocket....of course, he couldn't throw over the D Line, but that's not Throckmorton's fault.

McCoy had a calf issue last year too.

I didn’t see the injury, so I don’t know if it looked bad or what? I turned the game off early in the 2nd half.

I heard Werner got carted back to the locker room as well, and that certainly sounds like something bad
Yep, Werner went to the tent and then was carted off to the locker room with his cleat off. Later on the Point After, after the game, Bobby Herbert got a news report that Werner had an ankle injury but there were no specific details as to what kind of ankle injury.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom