Escape from the Mayo Clinic: Teen accuses world-famous hospital of 'medical kidnapping' (1 Viewer)

Perhaps Im off base here, but I get the feeling that the responses in this thread are not familiar with Mayo. In medicine, they are the Pats, Yankees, Celtics, and whatever hockey team is the most dominant. Seriously, they are the #1 in several fields of medicine in addition to Neurology. Based on their reputation, I have a hard time buying this story. Like I would have a hard time believing that Sean Payton purposely stole the Browns offensive playbook. It's far fetched.

Your 7 year old kid ask if he can go play in a busy intersection. You say no because he'll likely get killed. You tell him no but he goes anyway. When he comes back, he only has a bruise on his leg. Thats not really proof that he knew what he was talking about.

And again...it's the Mayo Clinic, not some random hospital. That means something in the medical community.

All true, all (slightly) beside the point. Mayo has no more right than Dr. Nick Riviera to hold a patient without legal authority to do so.

Escape From The Mayo Clinic: Teen Accuses Of 'Medical Kidnapping'
All true, all (slightly) beside the point. Mayo has no more right than Dr. Nick Riviera to hold a patient without legal authority to do so.

I'm not questioning the patient's rights. I hear you. I'm questioning the patient's story. I dont think it played out the way it has been described and Mayo isn't going to violate the patient's right to privacy to clarify what happened.

Ummm....who is Dr. Riviera?

Escape From The Mayo Clinic: Teen Accuses Of 'Medical Kidnapping'

I'm not questioning the patient's rights. I hear you. I'm questioning the patient's story. I dont think it played out the way it has been described and Mayo isn't going to violate the patient's right to privacy to clarify what happened.

Ummm....who is Dr. Riviera?

I hear you, but the family says they even had a lawyer write a formal request to the hospital that was ignored. Accounts of what may have been said always vary in these kinds of situations, but typically people don't lie about having lawyers send letters.

Dr. Nick Riviera? He's a legend in the crackpot medical community.

View: https://youtu.be/M_w_n-8w3IQ

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom