ESPN's Pat Y: Ranking the NFC South RBs (1 Viewer)

Both Carolina backs are better than Turner and Pierre Thomas is way better than Cadillac

From a versatility standpoint Pierre is the best in the division.

Looks about right.

Maybe now the entire brigade of Saints fans saying just write a blank check and hand it to Pierre Thomas this offseason can come down from the clouds.

He's a solid back and I love him. I hope he retires a Saint because he embodies the spirit, heart and determination that made up champions last season.

But as you can see, the reality of the situation is he is not a top tier RB in this league. He's not even a top tier RB in this division.

4) Reggie Bush, Saints. I know I’ll take some hits for this one, but I feel pretty strongly that Bush is in for a big season. He looks healthier and faster than I’ve seen him in recent years. Is he ever going to get 30 carries a game like Turner? No. But this guy is so dynamic that he’s a threat to score any time he touches the ball and Sean Payton will always find ways to get him touches.

Looks like Pat Y gets it too!

1.Williams
2.Stewart
3.Turner
4. Pierre
5. Reggie
6. Cadillac

.... 4 and 5 are hard, none else.

Both Carolina backs are better than turner? Hard sell to me, maybe deangelo, I'd guess we could all agree that perhaps in different orders thy are all 1 2 and 3.

Can't argue with the top 3 at all. As much as I don't like either team Turner, Williams and Stewart are the 3 best traditional RBs in the division. Pierre and Reggie should be 4 and 5, that's about the only corrections I would make.

We have utility backs ladies and gentlemen. Our traditional running backs are 3rd and 4th string.

I may put PT above Cadilliac.

Both Carolina backs are better than turner? Hard sell to me, maybe deangelo, I'd guess we could all agree that perhaps in different orders thy are all 1 2 and 3.
I'd definitely rank Williams and Stewart over Turner. I've never seen Williams and Stewart show up for a season admittedly out of shape and with big heads like Turner did last year. And both Carolina RBs add something to the passing game, which Turner does not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom