Extend Ingram NOW!!! (1 Viewer)

What a difference a year makes.

I agree. Don't we have an option for 1 more year?

We did not extend his contract for the 5th year option, because it was almost as much as Adrian Peterson was making for the 5th year. No running back is worth that in this league, so they didn't add the 5th year.

ingram is the type of back that needs 20 carries a game. also, if you look past the amazing 172 yards, you will see that ingram did GREAT in pass protection.

Ingram brings that attitude and heart to the offense, Ingram is the clear cut leader in the backfield after missing a month he plays the best game of the season and now leads the team in rushing....that's an impact.

i vote for pulling the demarco murray, run him into the ground, 400 carries, then dont resign him

Health and opportunity. He's healthy and he was given an opportunity. I think Ingram showed what he can be when given the chance. And OUR ENTIRE TEAM BENEFITED. The running game opened things for Drew Brees and our play-action. We were able to get some big plays down the field and all of a sudden Brees' arm looked strong again.

I think Payton HAS TO LEARN from this game. There was less substitutions and more continuity from our offense. And what is amazing is Drew still got his numbers. He did not have to throw the ball 50 times to do so. Moving forward, Ingram should be our bellcow and Robinson should be used to spell him with Thomas and Cadet being our satellite backs. But there is room for Ingram to get 18-20 carries a week. When he does, I think it takes a lot of pressure off Drew and just makes our offense more deadly.

Finally, I also like that we finally started attacking the Packers deep with Cooks. Cooks has tremendous speed and it is crucial to get him the ball down the field. Teams will start softening their coverage underneath against him, which will open up opportunities for him to turn some of those slants into big plays. We have a blueprint for a lot of things we can do on offense and I just hope we stick to it.

Carolina is going to be a test for us. A short week and their front 7 is very good, we'll have trouble running on them. The only thing we have going for us is that they got beat up by Seattle/Lynch and hopefully they'll look tired/slow on defense with only 4 days of rest.

I think we should extend him. But not during the season. Let it serve as motivation.

But I also think we should consider moving away from running back by committee. He found a great rhythm and didn't lose it because we kept cycling in three other guys.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom