Extend Ingram NOW!!! (1 Viewer)

I really hope we resign ingram but i have a feeling someone like the ravens are gonna pay more than us and actually give him 20 carries a game.

I really hope we resign ingram but i have a feeling someone like the ravens are gonna pay more than us and actually give him 20 carries a game.

Unfortunately I was thinking the same thing. I don't think the money is there for MI with KR and PT here. Not with Cam Jordan's payday around the bend. Don't get me wrong, I love me some MI...I just don't think we keep him (too much money), and that's a shame.

He should do the same vs Carolina. Even thought they played Lynch well yesterday that defense has been bad

This guy will make us regret it if he leaves at the end of the year.

didn't really have a choice, would u rather ingram or AP for the same amount of money?

He will NOT get more than what we declined no matter where he goes. If the Saints want him enough we can resign him if he chooses to wanna be here for less than it would have cost to keep him. Problem is I can see him wanting to go somewhere to be featured more.

Pump the brakes. Lets wait to see what he does over the next 2-3 games before we give away the farm. Im a realist though.

I will say he ran like a man possessed though. Im warming up to the idea....

He's been an entirely different player since (a) we switched to a zone blocking scheme similar to what he played in at Alabama, and (b) we are forced by injuries to stop subbing him out every other play

didn't really have a choice, would u rather ingram or AP for the same amount of money?

He will NOT get more than what we declined no matter where he goes. If the Saints want him enough we can resign him if he chooses to wanna be here for less than it would have cost to keep him. Problem is I can see him wanting to go somewhere to be featured more.

The option was only for $5 million. Yes it is more than we would hope to pay him, but it was never close to AP money.

I agree with BroKV. If he leaves we will regret it. You can say "well if he wants to stay he can come for a cheaper price than what he will command." But what good player has ever signed here for less than what his market commands? If he stays the course and we use him correctly he will be a boarder line pro bowl player, and if you are a rb with an upward trajectory you would be foolish to sign for less money to stay somewhere (given their career expectancy).

Packers have one of the worst rushing defenses in the NFL.

They have the worst by a fair margin. Overreacting after one game is silly. Still, after our season so far, I'll take what excitement we can get.

Luckily for us, Carolina's is probably the next worst after Green Bay. Hopefully we can take these two games and translate them into momentum and confidence for our line and running game.

I agree with this completely, but it brings up the question of WHY THE HELL HAVENT WE BEEN DOING THIS ALL ALONG?? Why has it taken Payton so long to commit to the run? As fans, we have been screaming for this for YEARS!! Payton has ALWAYS been pass first, run second. ALWAYS. One game he finally decides to commit to the run and this is the result. KEEP RUNNING THE DAMN BALL!!!!!!

Because we don't have the benefit of playing the worst run defense in the league every game?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&season=2014&seasonType=REG&role=OPP&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&conference=ALL&defensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS

I'm an Ingram fan and I think he's having a great year. However, one blow out game against the worst rushing defense in the league shouldn't be reason to open up the check book recklessly. They didn't use the rookie option, because they feel like they can extend him for cheaper. I think having a chat after one big game might go against the idea.

I'm all for extending him, but at the right price.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom