Falcon and the Winter Soldier - Trailer (2 Viewers)

I get that, but he flat out says he doesn't want new wings. Sam's journey to picking up the CA mantle feels like it's been a huge focus of the show. Maybe they throw a curveball, but I would put my money on that box not containing new wings.

I mean, he didn't say THAT. He told Torres to keep the busted wings. Which, is a nod to Torres becoming the next Falcon, as he did in the comics (which was due to experimentation by the Power Broker, he had actual wings...I much prefer the idea that he repairs Sam's old wings).

I've thought about posting it, but decided against it. There was a toy leak from Disney's online store in China that shows Sam's new costume. There are most definitely wings. I think it looks very cool, and pretty accurate to what it looked like in the comics.

I've been seeing a lot of people online referring to JLD's character as Madame Hydra. That's not strictly accurate.

In the comics, Valentina Allega de Fontaine is mostly portrayed as a spy and on again/off again hookup of Nick Fury since the 1960's. Basically she was kind of Fury's more competent and actually capable Bond girl analog.

Back in 2009 in Secret Warriors, she was shown to have taken up the mantle of Madame Hydra, but she was also revealed to be a Russian sleeper agent and there was a bunch of other stuff going on in that storyline. When most people refer to Madame Hydra (many have used the name), they're most likely referring to Ophelia Sarkissian, who is also more commonly known as Viper.

Could she end up being Madame Hydra? I guess. The MCU changes stuff for adaptational reasons all the time. But I'm guessing what they're setting up here is her as an (even more) amoral counterpart to MCU Nick Fury who is working to put together her own team, who will turn out to be the Thunderbolts. And if I had to guess, the first two members we'll be looking at are John Walker as US Agent and Zemo.

Other thoughts:

-This show just continues to kill it with the character work. The action essentially ended in the first 15 minutes and I didn't even care. Everyone is really good at what they're doing here. Carl Lumbly has had all of two scenes in the entire series and he's kind of stolen the show.

-I have no idea what to make of Sharon at this point. Is she the Power Broker? Is she working under cover in some way? Fury used Batroc in Civil War for his own long game. Is she doing the same? Turning her outright heel would be an interesting choice but I'm still not convinced they go there.

-Been said already, but there are some toy and Christmas ornament leaks of what the suit will look like. Won't outright spoil anything but it's adaptationally close to what he wore as Cap in the comics. Also, Torres becomes the second Falcon, so they kind of set that up with the "keep the wings" scene.

-Wakanda seems to be setting up as the source of super tech for the superhero community since Stark is gone. Makes sense.

-Walker has lost the plot. Lying to Lamar's family, welding his medals into his bootleg shield, trying to kill Sam and Bucky.

-Looks like we may actually have a four way throwdown in the finale between Sam and Bucky/Walker/Flagsmashers/Power Broker. Could get crazy.

-Said it in the other post, but that scene with Val was 100% setting up Thunderbolts.

Open only if you don't mind the sneak peak. Image inside.

I guess it's entirely possible that this is fake. But it looks pretty real to my eyes.

falcon-2.jpg

It seems to be real. There has been a Hallmark ornament leak, and I believe at least one other figure leak, with the same design.

Other thoughts:

-This show just continues to kill it with the character work. The action essentially ended in the first 15 minutes and I didn't even care. Everyone is really good at what they're doing here. Carl Lumbly has had all of two scenes in the entire series and he's kind of stolen the show.

-I have no idea what to make of Sharon at this point. Is she the Power Broker? Is she working under cover in some way? Fury used Batroc in Civil War for his own long game. Is she doing the same? Turning her outright heel would be an interesting choice but I'm still not convinced they go there.

-Been said already, but there are some toy and Christmas ornament leaks of what the suit will look like. Won't outright spoil anything but it's adaptationally close to what he wore as Cap in the comics. Also, Torres becomes the second Falcon, so they kind of set that up with the "keep the wings" scene.

-Wakanda seems to be setting up as the source of super tech for the superhero community since Stark is gone. Makes sense.

-Walker has lost the plot. Lying to Lamar's family, welding his medals into his bootleg shield, trying to kill Sam and Bucky.

-Looks like we may actually have a four way throwdown in the finale between Sam and Bucky/Walker/Flagsmashers/Power Broker. Could get crazy.

-Said it in the other post, but that scene with Val was 100% setting up Thunderbolts.
Taking Zemo to the raft sets up the Thunderbolts as well. That's where General Ross was if I remember correctly.

I've been seeing a lot of people online referring to JLD's character as Madame Hydra. That's not strictly accurate.

In the comics, Valentina Allega de Fontaine is mostly portrayed as a spy and on again/off again hookup of Nick Fury since the 1960's. Basically she was kind of Fury's more competent and actually capable Bond girl analog.

Back in 2009 in Secret Warriors, she was shown to have taken up the mantle of Madame Hydra, but she was also revealed to be a Russian sleeper agent and there was a bunch of other stuff going on in that storyline. When most people refer to Madame Hydra (many have used the name), they're most likely referring to Ophelia Sarkissian, who is also more commonly known as Viper.

Could she end up being Madame Hydra? I guess. The MCU changes stuff for adaptational reasons all the time. But I'm guessing what they're setting up here is her as an (even more) amoral counterpart to MCU Nick Fury who is working to put together her own team, who will turn out to be the Thunderbolts. And if I had to guess, the first two members we'll be looking at are John Walker as US Agent and Zemo.

Interestingly enough, Ophelia was Madame Hydra in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D when they were in the Framework. So it seems the name wasn't an accident.

I'm not sure if Valentina is that, but with one episode left, we might not even find out.

Interestingly enough, Ophelia was Madame Hydra in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D when they were in the Framework. So it seems the name wasn't an accident.

I'm not sure if Valentina is that, but with one episode left, we might not even find out.

Looks like we'll get moar JLD in Black Widow...

On the penultimate episode of the Disney+ series The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Seinfeld and Veep actress Julia Louis-Dreyfus made a surprise cameo as Marvel character Contessa Valentina Allegra de Fontaine. But according to Vanity Fair, sources say that Louis-Dreyfus’ character was originally supposed to make her MCU debut in the Black Widow movie.

After the releases of both The Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Black Widow were pushed back due to Covid-19, fans started guessing that the two projects were linked somehow. It could very well be that Valentina Allegra de Fontaine was always meant to be in both, but the Disney+ series happened to be released first after Black Widow was repeatedly delayed. Louis-Dreyfus’ quick cameo in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier teases a larger involvement in Phase Four of the MCU, and it’s likely we'll get more of Louis-Dreyfus when Black Widow debuts on Disney+ this July.

I found this about Lefontaine because of the question of her being Madame Hydra.

From Wikipedia:"In the Ultimate Marvel Universe, Valentina Allegra de la Fontaine is the chairman of the OXE Group, currently the largest holding company in the World. She's part of the secret Kratos Club, a group of industrial multimillionaires whose goal is to use their influence to ensure that the right things get done, no matter what."

I never bothered with the Ultimates. There is a version where she is Madame Hydra but the ultimate version seems to fit best in the MCU.

I found this about Lefontaine because of the question of her being Madame Hydra.

From Wikipedia:"In the Ultimate Marvel Universe, Valentina Allegra de la Fontaine is the chairman of the OXE Group, currently the largest holding company in the World. She's part of the secret Kratos Club, a group of industrial multimillionaires whose goal is to use their influence to ensure that the right things get done, no matter what."

I never bothered with the Ultimates. There is a version where she is Madame Hydra but the ultimate version seems to fit best in the MCU.

Phase One of the MCU did lean heavily on The Ultimates/Ultimate Marvel for inspiration. Since then, much less so, especially now that the Ultimate line is defunct. It's possible they go this route, but they haven't been pulling too much from the Ultimate books since they folded the imprint.

I just went to IMDB and don't see JLD as part of the cast for Black Widow, or Black Widow listed on her page, but I guess that was intentional. It does now list Falcon and Winter Soldier on her credits.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom