Fire Dennis Allen!! (25 Viewers)

Injuries with Saints have been a long standing issue, so you have to wonder if any changes have been made to the staff. It sucks for the players, the team and the fans. It seems like it happens every season. 😕

I honestly think even letting Brees talk his way into the most prominent FO role (Loomis and/or higher) would at least facilitate a good start to the inevitable major rebuild that is coming. Nobody else would bring the good will and he's definitely smart enough--if he's committed to that sort of job? It worked well for John Lynch.

I believe he was the one who specifically wanted DeShaun Watson until Cleveland saved us. And Loomis was just going to go right along with it.

If that’s the case, it sure muddies the waters about who is overseeing player acquisition and how responsibilities are divided up.

If that’s the case, it sure muddies the waters about who is overseeing player acquisition and how responsibilities are divided up.
I don't think Loomis has ever said no to his head coach. He gets what he is asked to get. That's not really a GM. We haven't had a true football GM since Jim Finks.

I don't think Loomis has ever said no to his head coach. He gets what he is asked to get. That's not really a GM. We haven't had a true football GM since Jim Finks.

Yeah, but if you’re saying Lauscha is in the mix in that capacity, that seems problematic. I’ve never heard Lauscha identifies and pursues player acquisitions.

Yeah, but if you’re saying Lauscha is in the mix in that capacity, that seems problematic. I’ve never heard Lauscha identifies and pursues player acquisitions.
I'm saying whether it was Haslett, Payton or now Allen, Loomis essentially says "who do you want to draft or sign" and then makes it happen.

The pursuit of DeShaun Watson is one recent example. You can go back to Jairus Byrd for another. Rob Ryan said he never asked for Byrd and no one told him it was happening. Payton told Loomis he wanted Byrd and then ordered Ryan to change the defense to mimic Seattle.

That says the coach was the GM, not Loomis. Loomis figures out how to move the money around to kick the can.

I find myself wanting the other team to run up the score because ML keeps making excuses for DA. It’s like how much will it take for ML to get his head out of his arse. Plus I’m not happy with ML either, balance the damn books Mickey so we can sign free agents. Because we can’t draft well, especially guys in the trenches. We are not a SB contender Mickey, we can’t even make the playoffs. We suck…

I'm saying whether it was Haslett, Payton or now Allen, Loomis essentially says "who do you want to draft or sign" and then makes it happen.

The pursuit of DeShaun Watson is one recent example. You can go back to Jairus Byrd for another. Rob Ryan said he never asked for Byrd and no one told him it was happening. Payton told Loomis he wanted Byrd and then ordered Ryan to change the defense to mimic Seattle.

That says the coach was the GM, not Loomis. Loomis figures out how to move the money around to kick the can.

That might be but you seem to be speaking to different issues. I understood you to be saying it was Lauscha who wanted Watson and that’s what I’m addressing.

I find myself wanting the other team to run up the score because ML keeps making excuses for DA. It’s like how much will it take for ML to get his head out of his arse. Plus I’m not happy with ML either, balance the damn books Mickey so we can sign free agents. Because we can’t draft well, especially guys in the trenches. We are not a SB contender Mickey, we can’t even make the playoffs. We suck…
The books can't balance because you are still paying for all the can kicking Payton did to try to win one more with Brees.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom