Fire Dennis Allen!! (25 Viewers)

As opposed to saying they chose Watson when they didn't actually acquire him. It's not any different than saying they chose Adams when they didn't actually acquire him. There's plenty you can criticize the FO and coaches for, but criticizing them for something that didn't actually happen is a bit much.
But it isn't. Had the Browns not saved us, the decision was made. We were going to michael scott into the lake. We can certainly criticize a decision regardless of the outcome. Or did you not listen to Loomis and "look beyond the results"

Penix and Baker?
Ratt is still somewhat raw but you see the potential. It's not like the Chargers with Herbert last year.

Penix hasn't even taken an NFL snap yet and we saw that Baker can still sometimes remember that he's Baker Mayfield in the Tampa game. Our defense was just too bad at tackling to take advantage of it. He's a solid QB, but he's not a franchise QB. I know some are high on Penix, but I see another Derek Carr there at best and Mayfield is only better than Carr because he's more mobile.

Not everyone would agree, but I think Rattler has more potential than Penix because he is much more mobile and has a better arm. Also, I think Rattler has already proven that the players like him and that's the first step to being a leader.

The only way either job is clearly better is purely based on salary cap which can be reset in a year or two and your point of view on our cap management might not be viewed the same by some coaches.

But the Jets are also run by 40 year-old coach killer Aaron Rodgers, an owner who thinks it's a bad idea to think too much, and a pack of hyenas in the media. And you are pretty much so stuck with Trevor Lawrence in Jax and an owner who doesn't really seem to want to go all out. That could be viewed as a good or bad thing.

Maybe Jacksonsville is more attractive if you really like Lawrence, but I think all these jobs are close. And both Jacksonville and the Jets will come with significantly higher expectations for immediate results than our job does.

And, in the end, even a second tier choice might work out. It did with Payton. And, if they keep DA it will be a sign that they still think they can win next year and they will likely only get into worse cap issues. So, if it's going to be a second tier choice either way, might as well start now in a year with at least two high level guys which is more than most years. Plus, you never know, maybe Dan Campbell and Aaron Glenn will talk up New Orleans to Ben Johnson.
I mean, I'm not going to go to bat for DA or anything. I'm just thinking big picture long term with regards to cap and coaching. The good players we have will be gone or old by the time anything gets better regardless. A perfect scenario for me would be new HC, cap space and picks all at the same time.

Penix hasn't even taken an NFL snap yet and we saw that Baker can still sometimes remember that he's Baker Mayfield in the Tampa game. Our defense was just too bad at tackling to take advantage of it. He's a solid QB, but he's not a franchise QB. I know some are high on Penix, but I see another Derek Carr there at best and Mayfield is only better than Carr because he's more mobile.

Not everyone would agree, but I think Rattler has more potential than Penix because he is much more mobile and has a better arm. Also, I think Rattler has already proven that the players like him and that's the first step to being a leader.
I'm terrified that Penix might be a good future QB in Atlanta. I hope he's not.

I mean, I'm not going to go to bat for DA or anything. I'm just thinking big picture long term with regards to cap and coaching. The good players we have will be gone or old by the time anything gets better regardless. A perfect scenario for me would be new HC, cap space and picks all at the same time.

I hear you. I guess part of it is I'm not sure I can stomach another year with DA when it would clearly just be a lame duck year with no progress being made in terms of roster reconstruction during the draft.

And, like I said, if DA is back, Loomis is going to back him with at least some money and let him pick the players he wants.

I'm terrified that Penix might be a good future QB in Atlanta. I hope he's not.

I could be wrong, but I just don't see it. I think he looked good in a weak Pac 10 where he was surrounded by better talent and a superior offensive scheme. He throws a good deep ball but that's about it.

I hear you. I guess part of it is I'm not sure I can stomach another year with DA when it would clearly just be a lame duck year with no progress being made in terms of roster reconstruction during the draft.

And, like I said, if DA is back, Loomis is going to back him with at least some money and let him pick the players he wants.
Can't argue with that either. Sad sad days.

Fair enough with Penix, but I think the only critique of him was his injury history. Based on what he's done in Tampa and LA over the past three years, it's time to say Baker is a franchise guy.

Been saying it for years. The guy is a consistent loser (HC record) with multiple 3+ game losing streaks and for us with only 1 3+ game win streak.

You are what your record says you are.

His ceiling is average and his floor is league worst.
His ceiling is a bit above average DC with exception that he gives up too many big plays and t close a close game with 2 minutes to go.

Been ready to part. I blame this too on Payton and his poor juhdgenent of what the defensive side of the ball needs.

Fair enough with Penix, but I think the only critique of him was his injury history. Based on what he's done in Tampa and LA over the past three years, it's time to say Baker is a franchise guy.

I mean the injuries have meant that he has no mobility and there are also issues with his short and medium accuracy/ball placement. Maybe he gets better, but I just don't see it.

As far a Baker, I just don't see how he's a franchise guy. He plays great from time to time but also still has bad games and makes too many boneheaded mistakes to be a franchise QB.

But it isn't. Had the Browns not saved us, the decision was made. We were going to michael scott into the lake. We can certainly criticize a decision regardless of the outcome. Or did you not listen to Loomis and "look beyond the results"
Sigh, if that floats your boat, so be it.

I mean the injuries have meant that he has no mobility and there are also issues with his short and medium accuracy/ball placement. Maybe he gets better, but I just don't see it.

As far a Baker, I just don't see how he's a franchise guy. He plays great from time to time but also still has bad games and makes too many boneheaded mistakes to be a franchise QB.
Many scouts said he had the best arm in the draft and did all the drills at the combine. There have been several great quarterbacks with limited mobility. Nevertheless, I think the Falcons are sitting pretty with Cousins and Pennix waiting. I know we are programmed to hate on all division opponents, but the Bucs did win the division last year, and they probably will be in the hunt this year as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom