Flying while stinking (1 Viewer)

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
Reaction score
Family removed from plane because they had body odor sues airline.

I have flown next to people who had questionable hygiene, not fun.
No, not fun - but was it causing people actual injury?
Being punished for causing discomfort seems a tad excessive

body and mouth odor is a big thing. I work under the theory that if you are a true friend, you will bring attention to it.

I had a friend that was smart, talented and everyone liked him. Body odor was actually the first sign that he had gone schizophrenic. He started reeking. Turns out he had thrown away all of his clothes sans one pair and stopped bathing. He called it a religious transformation. He lived two doors down from me and I called him over to my house one night and talked to him about it. He wouldn't hear it. He was from another country, so all he had here was friends. I got in touch with a brother who came over to visit with him but he couldn't make headway either. He ended up losing his job and home and I lost the ability to even figure out where he was. It was one of the saddest things I have ever had to watch. To come down with that kind of illness and not have family here is insanely sad.

I never rode a plane with him (just wanted to admit that this was a semi thread jack)

5fd3321f5285c487aed479b29d4f1ed5.jpg

My first job was at WalMart. I worked in Electronics.

There was a guy that was perfectly nice, a good worker and everyone liked him, but sometimes his body odor was overwhelming.

I mean the type of body odor that actually sticks in your nose long after you were away from him.

The nickname behind his back was "Stinky" (clever, right?). I never had the heart to tell him but I guess management did.

Never saw him again.

I’ve smelled some people with body odor before that is completely unbearable. Talking about make your eyes water and throat itch.
I’ve been on August hot days on NYC subways with people sitting in their own effluence
If it’s to the point you are describing were it’s causing actual pain then I get it

If you want to drown out any smell in a plane open a bag of teriyaki beef jerky.

I’ve been on August hot days on NYC subways with people sitting in their own effluence
If it’s to the point you are describing were it’s causing actual pain then I get it
So would you just sit there, and tolerate it just to be nice?? Are you saying it would have to cause physical pain to intervene?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom