Foo Fighters suck, change my mind. (3 Viewers)

What happened to David Robbins???? For some time I would notice at least three to four topics posted by DR and now NOTHING!!! Hope he's OK. Was he sent to banned camp???
DR tends to have cycles - he’ll have a flurry of posts (on the EE) for a few days to a week or so, then will go underground for a few months

Probot is Dave Grohl’s best work…

Keep that in mind, but I need some type of guarantee. If Dave sings in that song, there is no deal. Is there a song, that the drummer sings in a Foo Fighters song? That might worth a risk, since Dave kills it on drums.

Keep that in mind, but I need some type of guarantee. If Dave sings in that song, there is no deal. Is there a song, that the drummer sings in a Foo Fighters song? That might worth a risk, since Dave kills it on drums.

I don’t know what you’re even asking but you can look it up if you want to :shrug:

I don’t know what you’re even asking but you can look it up if you want to :shrug:

Valid point! I could possibly get more YouTube recommendations or pop up adds about Dave's band, which is not worth the risk. Also, even discussing that band, makes me want to vomit.

In conclusion, Foo Fighters suck. A fact that can't be contested.

"Seriously, Dave Grohl seems like a lovely guy but I just don't get the Foos. They're like some kinda terrible rock cliché making devil horns and their greasy long hair.

Plus the music is just bland and repetitive with lots of distortion masking some pretty awful playing.

Anyone here actually listen to this High School band?"

Valid point! I could possibly get more YouTube recommendations or pop up adds about Dave's band, which is not worth the risk. Also, even discussing that band, makes me want to vomit.

"Seriously, Dave Grohl seems like a lovely guy but I just don't get the Foos. They're like some kinda terrible rock cliché making devil horns and their greasy long hair.

Plus the music is just bland and repetitive with lots of distortion masking some pretty awful playing.

Well, Probot is not the Foo Fighters

Yes, that would be correct. Nirvana!
I think this bears some exploration - do you feel that Dave’s success with Foo Fighters causes some to forget about Nirvana? Or perhaps you feel like that attention should be on Nirvana instead? That Dave is Nirvana’s drummer and anything else is a miscast . . . a turn in life that wasn’t supposed to happen?

Well, Probot is not the Foo Fighters

O.k. then. I thought he did pretty good on the Queen's of the Stone Age band, but wasn't to impressed with that band. I haven't heard of Probot, but will disagree. Wasn't Dave Grohl in Scream? He was a machine in that band.

I think this bears some exploration - do you feel that Dave’s success with Foo Fighters causes some to forget about Nirvana? Or perhaps you feel like that attention should be on Nirvana instead? That Dave is Nirvana’s drummer and anything else is a miscast . . . a turn in life that wasn’t supposed to happen?

Not at all, it's more like betrayal. Dave started off in a D.C. hardcore punk band, then Nirvana, and ends creating the most horrific sound (Foo Fighters suck) after having the best musical influences growing up. He also like Led Zeppelin. Dave Grohl has no excuse for creating such crap music

If it was some dude I never heard of creating Fooey Fighters, and people like them as they do now, that would be fine. It would be like Johnny Rotten being the lead singer of Nickel Back. Not sure how else, I can explain this.

If only Kurt Cobain could of heard Foo Fighters and commented, that would of been gold. I just don't want Nirvana and Dave's band to have any connection, but it's entirely to late for that. Kurt should of hired Patty Schemel to do drums, and let Dave play drums for Hole.

Last edited:

Just venting, because YouTube played Foo Fighters automatically after a song I played. This thread is basically inspired by YouTube and it's horrible recommendations. Fact!

Also having a little fun, so don't take me to serious, it's just the Foo Fighters were talking about.

Nirvana is far and away the most overrated band of all time. Foo Fighters are actually better than Nirvana all things considered. They were the ultimate grunge band, a genre that has proven itself to be in retrospect largely inconsequential culturally, socially, even musically. If anything it laid the groundwork for the 2000's butt rock. Just an awful subgenre started by a subpar band. Cue the Gen X fury.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom