Foo Fighters suck, change my mind. (1 Viewer)

What do you think about Kurt Cobain?

As a general question, musically, or in what aspect?

I think Kurt Cobain was a genius, uniquely gifted singer, inspirational artist, creative musician, and wish he was still alive. The music he left the world will be cherished, by every teenage generation to come. I think he could of done amazingly well as a painter also, since he granted a scholarship for that I believe. His paintings were a little twisted and frightening, but at the same time inspiring in another view. Sadest part about Kurt, so much music was lost due to his tragic death. This is selfish on my part, but I can only imagine the music that could of been written and recorded.

Did I answer what you were looking for?

You think "this band is sheetty and everything they do is sheet and I can't understand why anyone would like them" is discussing music? lol

That's just trolling - it's not trying to have a real discussion, it's just stating viewpoint. It's like the conservations 15 year-olds have. It's pointless.

It's more humor and proving a point, but I'm sorry you feel that way. Is it wrong to state a biased opinion in a strong tone?

You are trying to be adult minded in a teenage argument, so who is trolling who?

It's more humor and proving a point, but I'm sorry you feel that way. Is it wrong to state a biased opinion in a strong tone?

You are trying to be adult minded in a teenage argument, so who is trolling who?

I’ll just say touchè and leave you to it. 😁

As a general question, musically, or in what aspect?

I think Kurt Cobain was a genius, uniquely gifted singer, inspirational artist, creative musician, and wish he was still alive. The music he left the world will be cherished, by every teenage generation to come. I think he could of done amazingly well as a painter also, since he granted a scholarship for that I believe. His paintings were a little twisted and frightening, but at the same time inspiring in another view. Sadest part about Kurt, so much music was lost due to his tragic death. This is selfish on my part, but I can only imagine the music that could of been written and recorded.

Did I answer what you were looking for?
Yes you did. Thanks brother.

Nirvana is far and away the most overrated band of all time. Foo Fighters are actually better than Nirvana all things considered. They were the ultimate grunge band, a genre that has proven itself to be in retrospect largely inconsequential culturally, socially, even musically. If anything it laid the groundwork for the 2000's butt rock. Just an awful subgenre started by a subpar band. Cue the Gen X fury.
What does Generation X have to do with this? That was some of Billy Idol’s best work.

As far as the discussion at hand, The Foo Fighters cannot suck because we all know that Primus Sucks. That title cannot be shared.

All I know is that Grohl and the band did a series about different towns they were playing in, and he couldn't have said nicer things about New Orleans, right down to spending quite a bit of the show hanging out in Preservation Hall with the players.

So it's a decent band and he gets a pass on everything else.

Imagine an argument with no sides.

I accept your defeat, since my mind hasn't been changed on the Fluffy Fighters.
To accept your prize, I think it’s important to establish if this was ever a fair competition- can you prove that your mind could change?
are you a bot?
I’m not saying you are, we just don’t hand out awards willy nilly over here

The night before (actually, the morning of) XLIV, I was at R Bar with a bunch of people. In my (very) inebriated state after 3:00 am, I swear that I saw Dave Grohl or Dave's doppelganger. He had a trenchcoat on and wasn't there very long. I don't know for sure it was him, but it sure did look like him.

That was a very fun night, and it was just a warm-up for later that day/night. :cheer:

First three FF albums were good, authentic and rockin. Then to me it was just recycled and over-produced product.

I don’t fault Dave and the band for that timeline, they were wildly successful and that’s not easy. But for me, there’s not much point in listening to Foo after There Is Nothing Left to Lose.

I tend to agree with this...they have really stuck with the same formula and after awhile it becomes "tiresome"? But I don't agree they suck....

Guns and Roses sucks IMO!!!!!

What does Generation X have to do with this? That was some of Billy Idol’s best work.

As far as the discussion at hand, The Foo Fighters cannot suck because we all know that Primus Sucks. That title cannot be shared.

The reason why the title can't be shared, is because Primus is o.k., and Les rips on bass. It's more of an experimental band.

To accept your prize, I think it’s important to establish if this was ever a fair competition- can you prove that your mind could change?
are you a bot?
I’m not saying you are, we just don’t hand out awards willy nilly over here

guido you lost me after you said, Prince is better, than Metallica. There is no way you have any connections with handing out prizes out on EE. Everything you say, will have be tainted due to your pop preferences, over hard rock.

Do bots prefer pop over hard rock?

guido you lost me after you said, Prince is better, than Metallica. There is no way you have any connections with handing out prizes out on EE. Everything you say, will have be tainted due to your pop preferences, over hard rock.

Do bots prefer pop over hard rock?
No, you can usually tell bots from their wacky comma usage 😎

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom