For all the really old timers around here, perhaps you remember a thread about this.... (1 Viewer)

I vaguely remember the Chili’s review thread.. it’s not in the same league as the Listerine vs Butt Pimples thread, or the Kennabrah Swimming Pool thread.. but it was pretty lively, if i recall .
Dang it, I missed out on those! I don't have much to do today maybe I'll take the deep dive into butt pimples and Kenna pools.

I was hoping this was going to be about CHILI DOGS…😁
It can be.

BR does have Frankies Dawg shop. It's pretty good, but i can only compare to stadium dogs fwiw.

If you want to count the alligator dog at Burgersmith that's a good meal. I think they source the dog from Ms. and its really more a sausage tho.

True, but so do every one of their competitors.

The one exception is In n Out Burger, which is now in Texas.. they are the ultimate in fast food.. many people say they are overrated, but i first tried them in the mid 1990s when id never heard of them, and had zero expectations.. everything is fresh, their customer service is unparalleled , the joints are so clean you could eat off the floor and they are cheaper even than McDonalds…. I think many people who try In n Out for the first time now have heard too much hype and expect it to be Ruth’s Chris or something, but they do what they do extremely well IMO .

The one exception is In n Out Burger, which is now in Texas.. they are the ultimate in fast food.. many people say they are overrated, but i first tried them in the mid 1990s when id never heard of them, and had zero expectations.. everything is fresh, their customer service is unparalleled , the joints are so clean you could eat off the floor and they are cheaper even than McDonalds…. I think many people who try In n Out for the first time now have heard too much hype and expect it to be Ruth’s Chris or something, but they do what they do extremely well IMO .
We don't have In n Out, sounds like a refreshing change.
There's a Burger King that shut down around here, has Closed on the sign, every time I pass it I want to add GOOD to the message. I think they might be the worst.

there was a long period of time where i didn't visit the EE board all that much so the two threads I remember the most are the Walter Thomas and Suh to Saints threads

Its been awhile since I visited Saints Report. Anyhow, I saw this on the Advocate's website, and it immediately brought back good memories of Saints Report. Perhaps some of you remember the thread that I am talking about :)

Well, I'll be damn. I'm an old timer. I remember the thread of which you speak in all of its Baton Rouge bashing glory. It's not my fault Baton Rouge loves chains and neighborhoods with no sidewalks.

Can’t remember the suburb- maybe it was McKinney - but that place seemed like it was chain restaurants and ONLY chain restaurants as far as the eye could see
I live near McKinney, it is mostly chains, yes. There are some great spots in downtown MCK though.

As BClemms mentioned, Dallas proper has a ton of great spots. They don't stay open for long, but when they're open, they're on point.

Its been awhile since I visited Saints Report. Anyhow, I saw this on the Advocate's website, and it immediately brought back good memories of Saints Report. Perhaps some of you remember the thread that I am talking about :)

I went to see if I could find it, but all I could find were dead links -- looks like it got deleted. :(

I went to see if I could find it, but all I could find were dead links -- looks like it got deleted. :(

Should still be able to easily find the others.. earlier i said Kennabrah Swimming Pool, and that’s one’s great.. but what i meant is ‘Come Up with a New Slogan for Kenna’ which was epic.. along with the even better Listerine thread

Should still be able to easily find the others.. earlier i said Kennabrah Swimming Pool, and that’s one’s great.. but what i meant is ‘Come Up with a New Slogan for Kenna’ which was epic.. along with the even better Listerine thread
It's always a little weird going through old threads, where you see people with thousands of posts that, for one reason or another, just stopped posting one day and haven't been seen since.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom