For all the really old timers around here, perhaps you remember a thread about this.... (2 Viewers)

There isn't a major city in the the US that isn't filled with chains, even the coveted New Orleans...
That old Chilis thread shouldn't be a testament on BR resturants, it is really a testament on how terrible The Advocate is/was.

There isn't a major city in the the US that isn't filled with chains, even the coveted New Orleans...
That old Chilis thread shouldn't be a testament on BR resturants, it is really a testament on how terrible The Advocate is/was.
A thing can be two things
Generally I think if a city is not dominated by the interstate (or even major artery) it’s local fare has a chance to survive
If that city is dominated by driving, then ‘convenience’ is going to be the overarching concern then quality and specialty is going to be way down the list
BR like the bigger Dallas and Atl is dominated by the car
Therefore BR, Dallas, Atl suck

A thing can be two things
Generally I think if a city is not dominated by the interstate (or even major artery) it’s local fare has a chance to survive
If that city is dominated by driving, then ‘convenience’ is going to be the overarching concern then quality and specialty is going to be way down the list
BR like the bigger Dallas and Atl is dominated by the car
Therefore BR, Dallas, Atl suck
thats it.. i used to like you until you put BR in the same sentence as ATL. I don't even live in BR and i'm offended...lol

It can be.

BR does have Frankies Dawg shop. It's pretty good, but i can only compare to stadium dogs fwiw.

If you want to count the alligator dog at Burgersmith that's a good meal. I think they source the dog from Ms. and its really more a sausage tho.
only thing i hate about frankie's is the terrible parking situation.

Well I am in the disappointed corner because I thought for sure we were going to rehash the discussion on the removal of butt pimples with Listerine, CPG being an idiot or what English sounds like in a Foreign Language.

I decided to find the old thread...
It is not as funny as I remember it, just the fact that The Advocate reviewed a Chili's.
Anyhow, for those interested: https://saintsreport.com/threads/psa-dining-in-baton-rouge.143989/

No matter what kind of food you’re craving, Chili’s is a good bet. The atmosphere is casual and friendly, and the menu covers everything from salads and seafood to burgers, ribs and fajitas.
We visited the Chili’s off of College Drive on a recent week night, and noticed several diners around us asking about the “3 for 20” special, which is actually a great deal. Two diners choose an appetizer to share, two entrees and one dessert to share. And the total cost is just $20. (Drinks and tax are separate.)
We opted instead to order from the menu, but for a couple or even a family, the “2 for 20” would be hard to resist.
We began with the triple dipper ($9.99), a “starter dish” that offers three (of eight) appetizers. We selected the southwestern egg rolls, boneless Buffalo wings, and hot spinach and artichoke dip.
This is also a good choice as a meal, as it’s filling and offers variety. The meat of the wings was moist and tender, and covered in a light, sweet glaze. The egg rolls were a mixture of smoked chicken, black beans, corn, jalapeno Jack cheese, and red peppers wrapped in a crispy tortilla. (This was our favorite of the sampler plate.) The spinach and artichoke dip included bits of chopped artichoke and melted cheese, and was served with warm tostada chips. The dip was creamy, but a bit bland. Dipping sauces are also included.
The grilled ribs ($16.29 for a full rack, $9.29 for a half rack) were outstanding. The menu indicates that they are slow-smoked over pecan wood, making them extremely tender. Indeed, the meat practically fell off the bone, and the original barbecue sauce (several flavors are available) was sweet and savory. The ribs entrée comes with two sides. Our guest ordered corn on the cob and mashed potatoes, both of which were really good.
The bacon burger ($8.19) is another good choice. Served with fries, this is a thick patty (fresh, never frozen, according to the menu) of 100 percent USDA choice beef. It’s topped with applewood smoked bacon, aged cheddar cheese and whatever toppings the diner selects. A guest remarked that this burger has an old-fashioned, home-cooked flavor.
The fried shrimp ($9.99) was average. The shrimp were small and covered in a “barely-there” batter. The plate is served with fries and a spicy cole slaw that we didn’t care for at all. Just about all we could taste of the cole slaw were the thinly sliced onions.
The southwest cobb salad ($8.29) was also average, featuring mostly iceberg lettuce, mixed cheese, corn relish, diced eggs and smoked bacon. The highlight was the sliced, boneless crispy chicken breast on top. The avocado-ranch dressing was very good, but served in a tiny container that didn’t hold much. We asked for a second helping of the dressing, but our waiter never returned with one. And oddly, the salad was served on a flat plate, making it very difficult to eat. Little bits of salad kept falling off the edge.
Two guests shared a dessert that turned out to be incredibly good. The chocolate chip cookie molten cake ($5.99) is a moist, sweet, warm cookie cake with milk chocolate filling. It’s topped with a large scoop of vanilla ice cream, then topped again with a crunchy chocolate shell. Delicious, and definitely big enough for two.

i mean, if you want to go with Quantity over Quality, Chilis is probaby one of your best bets...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom