Formula One (2 Viewers)

Indeed.

Funny how Mercedes has fallen off while McLaren has jumped considering they have Mercedes power.

I remember last year, McLaren was struggling and Zak kept saying they had a plan that was going to take them into next season. And then they brought those mid-season upgrades and they were fast. And then this year they've been even faster.

I think it has to be the chassis and the aero - that Merc is just a mess.

I remember last year, McLaren was struggling and Zak kept saying they had a plan that was going to take them into next season. And then they brought those mid-season upgrades and they were fast. And then this year they've been even faster.

I think it has to be the chassis and the aero - that Merc is just a mess.
Merc haven't figured out these 2022+ cars, they have struggled since its debut.

Merc haven't figured out these 2022+ cars, they have struggled since its debut.

Horner chosing Checo over Sainz is pretty fascinating. I guess I get the rationale - Max is dominant and can carry the team to driver's and constructor's wins as long as Checo isn't too bad. And while he's inconsistent on some tracks he runs second on others while able to co-exist with Max, who gets the designers' full attention. The car is going to be set-up for Max and that's the way it is.

While Sainz may seem to have more up-side than Checo and given how the field is getting more competitive at the front, it might be that Red Bull need more points from their #2 to stay on top on the constructor's. But it doesn't necessarily mean that Carlos would be better in that Red Bull than Checo and Perez is a known commodity both on the track and as a teammate . . . Carlos is the unknown.

Christian chose stability and the known rather than a riskier step into the unknown. But if Ferrari and McLaren continue to contend with both of their cars and Checo continues to have these stretches in the season where he can't qualify and struggles to score points at all, the decision may prove to have been wrong.

Although we may never be able to tell because what's Sainz going to be driving next year? A Sauber/Audi or a Williams? Won't be easy to compare them - but we certainly can compare them now.

Last edited:
Ferrari out in Q2...Checo out Q1. Q3 looks like it will be interrupted by rain.

Well, Max won again but that sure as hell was the most entertaining F1 race in years.

Lando and that safety car.

Like he said post race, helped him in Miami and didn't here.

And how cool is the post race "debrief" where podium guys watch segments and talk to each other about this or that?

Well, Max won again but that sure as hell was the most entertaining F1 race in years.
They should add water to all future races to cover up the failure of this car design! They achieved the exact opposite of their stated intentions with this redesign.
So by now you probably know F1 cars are changing in design in 2022, with the primary aim of giving the drivers the tools with which to race closer and harder than ever. But how does the car differ from the current model? We take a look at the key differences…
Then again, maybe they got just what they were asking for:
Closer racing is the name of the game here with a new aerodynamic philosophy aimed at helping cars follow each other much closer through the corners without losing downforce.

I will say this, I thought Haas was on to something at the start of the race! Once they didn't get that early safety car, those wet tires fell of quickly.

I watched the 2nd half of the race. That was the most entertaining F1 race I've seen in a long while.

What was also great was the race finished right as the Nascar race was about to get underway. It was a fun day of racing for sure.

The hits keep on coming for Checo:
Sergio Perez has been hit with a three-place grid penalty for the Spanish Grand Prix after he was judged to have driven back to the pits with a "significantly damaged car" in Montreal.

In what has been a nightmare Canadian Grand Prix weekend for the Mexican, Perez had spun off on Lap 53 of the race and damaged his rear wing, before managing to limp back to the pit lane and retire.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom