I know we have no one better on the team to be the number 2 CB,

BUT

Fred Thomas = Teh Burnt

discuss

Mamba

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don't even want to think about Fred Thomas right now.

This is a bad showing today. Our offense is moving the ball, but there's been too many sloppy mistakes, penalties, drops. Fred Thomas has been horrible. I'm even disappointed in our punter. When you're punting inside Bengals territory or near midfield there's no excuse for kicking touchbacks. He's only had one punt inside the 20 and it was fair caught at the 19.

Last edited:

xpuma20x

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Maybe with his bonus money he can renew that jelly of the month club he's had a membership with for some time now.

Big_Red

All American
Reaction score
Fred Thomas got owned today. Guy got burnt on every other play. It was horrible. The dude is slow too. Why in the hell wasn't Makenzie covering Chad Johson?

zach2888

Reaction score
Thomas Is Terrible!!!!!!!!

i dont know, but it seems like a little more than a coincidence that every 40+ yard pass play on us, you can count on fred thomas to be about 15 yards behind the reciever he was SUPPOSE to be covering. Fred's best skills on the feild would be, getting burnt every deep ball, or blowing coverages. If an opposing team get 1 on 1 coverage with fred i would say they have about a 90% chance of completing a 40+ yard pass and about a 70% chance of throwing a long touchdown. He is by far the worst corner i have ever watched play in the NFL.

Man Law
When you have man to man coverage on a reciever, you have to stay within 20 yards of the man you are suppose to be covering. Good Call.

Forest

Banned
Reaction score
Fred Thomas got owned today. Guy got burnt on every other play. It was horrible. The dude is slow too. Why in the hell wasn't Makenzie covering Chad Johson?
He covered him on a few plays. Ironically, Chad didn't do much on those. Saints don't swap CBs, and it's a defensive philisophy I don't agree with...in today's case, not sure it matters. I think TJ would have did the same thing that Chad did...

Also, a lot of those "burns" were high risk/high reward plays depending on collapsing the pocket and getting pressure, which we didn't do...against a seriously banged up line...

JvilleJoe

Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Lets hope Fred can pick it up next week and the remainder of this season. We have to play with the guys we have and until we can get into the offseason and the 2007 draft we are not going to get anyone better.

ULSaint

Banned
Reaction score
I've noticed a pattern with Fred. When he's hurt, he stinks. Two years ago, he was hurt most of the season and was dealing with personal issues. He was bad that year.

He's coming off a hamstring injury. I promise no one will say that's the reason, but I bet it had a lot to do with his lack of speed. Fred is not slow.

birdog

SR is my life!
Reaction score
I just can't believe that either Groce, or Deloche is not at least FASTER than Thomas!.......at least they are TALLER, WHICH SHOULD BE A PLUS!!

Even though they might be just as horrible....they are taller and faster than Thomas!

ULSaint

Banned
Reaction score
I just can't believe that either Groce, or Deloche is not at least FASTER than Thomas!.......at least they are TALLER, WHICH SHOULD BE A PLUS!!

Even though they might be just as horrible....they are taller and faster than Thomas!

If Thomas is hurt, I agree. Otherwise, Thomas is much better.

Three Monkeys

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Anwar Phillips anyone? At least he would have an excuse for being out of position.

For the sole fact that he is a Saint, I love Freddie Thomas. But is he a liability now?

I know we don't know what Phillips can do. He was supposed to go in the 2nd or 3rd. I know there is a reason; I'm guessing it was off-the-field issues. But now he is still on the roster. Payton has gotten rid of many of the lockerroom problems. Phillips is still there. Apparently, he is even worth keeping on the practice squad.

oldschool

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Saints don't swap CBs, and it's a defensive philisophy I don't agree with...in today's case, not sure it matters. I think TJ would have did the same thing that Chad did...

Also, a lot of those "burns" were high risk/high reward plays depending on collapsing the pocket and getting pressure, which we didn't do...against a seriously banged up line...
It is very difficult for corners to swap fields. It is rarely done nowadays. Something to do with corners being so used to seeing the field from one angle, switching would be like learning a new position. I've seldomly seen this done on any NFL team except Denver with Bailey. Even with Bailey, they seldomly do this. I've said before, #1 WR don't necessary lined up against best cover guy, they get their yards against the best mismatch. If Fred would have played better against Chad, they would have adjusted, and pick on someone else. MM. Another nickel corner. A dime corner. A safety. A linebacker. Offense will find a mismatch, and they'll get their yards. The best a defense can do is roll more coverage and/or bring more heat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
No practice for Michael Thomas, in estimation Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Thomas, Davenport, Hansen remain out on first Saints injury report of Packers week Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus So maybe a healthy Michael Thomas is kind of important for the Saints offense SR News Page Articles 0
Who did Saints turn to without Michael Thomas? Tre'Quan Smith, Alvin Kamara and little else Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas better play next weekend Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
DerrickB Should we go after Earl Thomas? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 17
El Caliente Michael Thomas makes this offense Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 27
Saints at Raiders inactive lists: Michael Thomas no, Cesar Ruiz yes. Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints at Raiders: Michael Thomas officially inactive, 3 rookies to debut for New Orleans Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Report: Packers doctor to examine Michael Thomas' injury days before Saints play Green Bay Saints RSS News Feeds 0
cue180 Dr. Anderson might evaluate Thomas before Packers game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 17
Saints to have Packers doctor examine Thomas Saints RSS News Feeds 0
What will we watch closely in Saints vs. Raiders? Saints offense without Michael Thomas, for one Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Report: Saints WR Michael Thomas' could miss 2-4 weeks with ankle sprain Saints RSS News Feeds 0
What Michael Thomas' ankle injury means for him and the Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
New Orleans Saints 9/19/20 Injury Report (Michael Thomas officially ruled out) Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 6
Saints' Thomas (ankle) ruled out vs. Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints fans 'Ask Amie:' Answers about Michael Thomas, the secondary, practice squad call-ups Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Thomas, Davenport, Hansen ruled out for Saints at Las Vegas Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints at Raiders final injury report: Cesar Ruiz to play Monday; Thomas OUT Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas is out for Monday night Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saint Kamara Injury Report: Thomas/Davenport out, will the Raiders be able to field an O-line? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 42
Saints will be without both Michael Thomas and Marcus Davenport against the Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints injury report: TE Cook says Michael Thomas will miss Monday’s game SR News Page Articles 0
Saints Week 2 - Friday Injury report - Davenport / Thomas DNP, Ruiz / Sanders FP Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 8
Saints injury report: Michael Thomas, Marcus Davenport continue to miss practice Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saint Lattimore Saints Michael Thomas “has a shot” to play Week 2 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 30
Andrus Saints activate Washington off COVID reserve; Thomas DNP SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints starting receivers Thomas, Sanders miss practice SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus New Orleans Saints prepared to forge ahead if Michael Thomas cannot play SR News Page Articles 0
Michael Thomas injury: Here's what Saints did on 13 snaps without star WR in Buccaneers game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints At Raiders Thursday injury report: Michael Thomas misses practice Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints Michael Thomas, Marcus Davenport miss practice; Sanders absence not injury related Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Thomas, Davenport out while Ruiz, Williams return to practice for Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas doesn’t practice Thursday Saints RSS News Feeds 0
ktmoze Week 2: Saints Injury Report with Thomas, Davenport Listed Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 19
Thomas, Davenport, Sanders all miss practice. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15
Payton refuses comment on Thomas injury, cites strength of special teams Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Thomas Morstead is NFC Special Teams Player of the Week after stellar Week 1 performance Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Emmanuel Sanders says Saints and Brees are unified, ready to pick up slack for Michael Thomas Saints RSS News Feeds 0
What will Saints do offensively without Michael Thomas? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints P Thomas Morstead wins NFC special teams player of the week for Week 1 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
The Saints face a tough challenge after losing Michael Thomas for several weeks Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints punter Thomas Morstead NFC special teams player of the week Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, September 16: A look at the Saints receivers corps following Michael Thomas injury Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Michael Thomas high ankle injury now expected to keep him out for several weeks, per report SR News Page Articles 0
Experienced at losing star, Saints equipped to handle Michael Thomas injury Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Who is Saints' next man up if Michael Thomas sits? Here are 4 options, and 1 wild card Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Sources: Saints expect WR Thomas to miss MNF Saints RSS News Feeds 0
UPDATED: Saints wide receiver Michael Thomas reportedly expected to miss “several weeks” with high ankle sprain Saints RSS News Feeds 0