Full Saints Offseason Mock (1 Viewer)

Good points. With Brees short window, we don't need to take the time and try to develop a TE. Cameron Brate would be awesome with Brees, not require a bank heist to get and contribute immediately.

It all depends on what (or if) the Bucs tender Brate at as a RFA.

Personally, think he’s too much like Josh Hill to make sense for us to go after him... but then again, I’m just a fan with no inside knowledge.

In my gut, I feel like Trey Burton could be a star in our offense.

It all depends on what (or if) the Bucs tender Brate at as a RFA.

Personally, think he’s too much like Josh Hill to make sense for us to go after him... but then again, I’m just a fan with no inside knowledge.

In my gut, I feel like Trey Burton could be a star in our offense.

Totally agree with the Brate & Hill comparison, no use signing another TE that is exactly what we have in Hill already. Trey Burton would be a better FA signing IMO.
We could draft a TE like Mike Gesicki Penn. St. or Chris Herndon Miami (FL). I don't believe we will come close to smelling Troy Fumagalli, I believe he will be gone in the top 15.

Totally agree with the Brate & Hill comparison, no use signing another TE that is exactly what we have in Hill already. Trey Burton would be a better FA signing IMO.
We could draft a TE like Mike Gesicki Penn. St. or Chris Herndon Miami (FL). I don't believe we will come close to smelling Troy Fumagalli, I believe he will be gone in the top 15.

I don’t think there’s much of a chance of Fumagalli going in the top 15. He’s more of a 2nd round pick, but he could easily fall to us in the 3rd round IMO. He is a hard worker and solid receiver, but he doesn’t do anything special, and the fact he’s missing a finger will hurt his draft stock IMHO.

I had no idea that former Louisiana native Kyle Williams was a free agent. I wonder if we could coax him down here to be a rotational dt. I say rotational because he is 34, so to maximize production having him play fewer snaps will be key.

A dt rotation of Rankins/Onyemata/Williams/Davison, thats a rock solid group, and 2 of them can kick out and play de in a pinch.

Re-Sign:

Drew Brees
Alex Okafor
Delvin Breaux
Brandon Coleman
Willie Snead
Senio Kelemete
Zach Line

Free Agents:

Trey Burton, TE, Eagles
Lamarcus Joyner, S, Rams
Dontari Poe, DT, Falcons
Jaron Brown, WR, Cardinals

Draft:
TRADE BACK!!!

2. Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State (or Mark Andrews, TE, Oklahoma)
3. Mike Hughes, CB, Central Florida
3. Jerome Baker, OLB, Ohio State
4. Brian O'Neil, OT, Pittsburgh
5. Azeem Victor, ILB, Washington
5. Hercules Mata'afa, DE, Washington State
6. Ray-Ray McCloud, WR, Clemson
6. Sam Mustipher, OG/C, Notre Dame
7. Darrel Williams, RB, LSU

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom