Full Saints Offseason Mock (2 Viewers)

I don’t think Peat makes a good Tackle! He’s ok but a much better Guard where he’s a beast! Ramczyk may be better then him if he is moved to the left and Strief comes back for another season!

I don’t think Peat makes a good Tackle! He’s ok but a much better Guard where he’s a beast! Ramczyk may be better then him if he is moved to the left and Strief comes back for another season!

Strief isn't coming back, Armstead isn't going anywhere, and RAM is our forever RT(he was drafted to play RT, just sayin)

I just don't get some folks at all. Yes Armstead has an injury history, but with him on the field the Saints score almost 10 points more per game and the rushing yards almost double. If he plays 10 games a year and plays in the post season he is more than worth the money IMO.

IT's like have you guys watched the Saints this year at all? have you not noticed how much better our offense is with Armstead on the field? Remember he turns 27 in July, that's 27 not 30, he is still very young....

I question Vander Esch’s speed and agility. I think the Saints NEED to add speed and agility to their LB corps, and I don’t think LVE helps us there.

No doubt. We need a guy with some range.

I see nothing special in VE clips. :idunno:

Trade Armstead while he has so much worth. Send Peat to LT. Get a guard.

Trade up and grab fumigali

Poe in FA.

I'm bad at these..

Trade Armstead and ingram. Pick up a 1 a player and a 2. Draft Smith with the added 1st. Draft Harrison with the 2nd 1st. 2nd round; who knows. Move Kelemete to guard. Solved.

We could make a big splash and throw all kinds of money at Demarcus Lawrence, using the leftover money to fill in gaps with rotational players, then address speed issues at lb and WR in the draft. I don't think we will, mind you, but it's a way to go that would give us the most dominant defensive line in the league.

Lawrence either signs a long term deal or get the tag. No ways he's available.

It feels good to say the Saints are finally at a point of not having glaring holes that must be addressed. Honestly, I am in with the idea of trading this year and next year's 1st round picks to go up and get Baker Mayfield if he's still there in the 10-15 range. If not I think the first round is where to continue building on the d-line. Harold Landry and Sam Hubbard strike me as ideal edge players opposite Cam Jordan.

like this thread.... only thing I would disagree on is the resigning of Coleman and Snead.... Coleman gambles to much holding the ball like a loaf of bread... 1 time (ok ) 2 times (hey now).... 3 times (see ya would want to be ya) Snead was so invisible this year not sure if its his routes or he just cant get open...

TE position, I am thinking that the absence of a regular deep threat at WR is partly the reason for the lack of the TEs being more productive on offense....

I also would love to see them draft a QB in the late rounds instead of another RB... we can find a non drafted FA at RB this is what Payton is good at... the QB I have in mind is Brandon Silvers from Troy.... although if he were to shine in the Senior Bowl and Combine then he might not be available in the late rounds...

like this thread.... only thing I would disagree on is the resigning of Coleman and Snead.... Coleman gambles to much holding the ball like a loaf of bread... 1 time (ok ) 2 times (hey now).... 3 times (see ya would want to be ya) Snead was so invisible this year not sure if its his routes or he just cant get open...

TE position, I am thinking that the absence of a regular deep threat at WR is partly the reason for the lack of the TEs being more productive on offense....

I also would love to see them draft a QB in the late rounds instead of another RB... we can find a non drafted FA at RB this is what Payton is good at... the QB I have in mind is Brandon Silvers from Troy.... although if he were to shine in the Senior Bowl and Combine then he might not be available in the late rounds...

I agree somewhat with your concerns about Coleman and Snead, but I still think they would both worth putting a "right of 1st refusal" RFA tender on them.
Coleman has shown value in his ability to run block and do it well. He's come along (albeit slowly) as a WR, and ball security issues can be fixed relatively easily. Snead was invisible for 95% of the season, but we've all seen what the guy can do.

Tendering those two players at a low level doesn't guarantee them anything. It just gives us another offseason and preseason to see where they are and how they've improved (if at all)... and they would still need to win their roster spot before the final cut-down next August.

Travin Dural, Austin Carr, TLL, Dan Arnold, and Corey Fuller (?) could all be vying for a spot... and the Saints will certainly bring in more guys through the draft, free agency, and UDFA's to mix it up as well.

As far as a QB goes... I'm willing to wait and see what Taysom Hill has to offer. Payton loves the kid, he's a superb athlete, and Brees has at least 2 more seasons of elite ball left in him.

I’ve been thinking about the offseason and the Saints needs since the season ended, and I think another RB late in the draft makes a good bit of sense.

Ingram is a FA after next season, and he’s been playing well enough to seek a big $$ deal.

When AK got ear-holed on the cheap shot from Deon Jones, Ingram took every rep for the rest of the game. Edmunds only got carries in the curb-stomping of the Bills.

Adding another all-around RB prospect seems appropriate. Maybe Scarborough isn’t that guy, but they could do worse.

I'm just wondering why so many want to go after Donateri Poe in FA. He wasn't much of a factor in the Falcons defense. He had 39 tackles
and 2.5 sacks. The sacks don't concern me. The tackles do. You expect an All Pro DT to consistently make tackles for a loss in the backfield.
Those were few and far between this year.

Why did the Chiefs allow Poe to test FA? If he's a game changer at DT,you re-sign him

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2017/03/01/dontari-poe-chiefs-free-agency-reasons/

I apologize for the link,but it's the best one I saw that supports my opinion. I'll save you the click bait ads. Poe is a 350 Lb man that
has taken a ton of snaps during his career. He's beat up and wearing down.

I'm just wondering why so many want to go after Donateri Poe in FA. He wasn't much of a factor in the Falcons defense. He had 39 tackles
and 2.5 sacks. The sacks don't concern me. The tackles do. You expect an All Pro DT to consistently make tackles for a loss in the backfield.
Those were few and far between this year.

Why did the Chiefs allow Poe to test FA? If he's a game changer at DT,you re-sign him

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2017/03/01/dontari-poe-chiefs-free-agency-reasons/

I apologize for the link,but it's the best one I saw that supports my opinion. I'll save you the click bait ads. Poe is a 350 Lb man that
has taken a ton of snaps during his career. He's beat up and wearing down.

Poe did a really nice job of plugging the middle at occupying blockers to keep Deon Jones clean and free to make plays. That is where he was most valuable. For a guy like that to be valuable to us, we would need to have a speedy, athletic LB that could take advantage of what Poe does best... eat space and occupy blockers.

Poe did a really nice job of plugging the middle at occupying blockers to keep Deon Jones clean and free to make plays. That is where he was most valuable. For a guy like that to be valuable to us, we would need to have a speedy, athletic LB that could take advantage of what Poe does best... eat space and occupy blockers.

Tyeler Davison did the same thing at a much cheaper price. He was immovable when we went to the 3-4. Stay young, stay better.

Trade Armstead while he has so much worth. Send Peat to LT. Get a guard.

Trade up and grab fumigali

Poe in FA.

I'm bad at these..

On the right track. Draft a LT who cal also play G in case Armstead doesn't get healthy.

Draft a TE in the middle rounds, but he has to be a good blocker.

Not hating on your pick or anything.......but one concern I have with signing a free agent TE or drafting one with the expectation to come in and contribute immediately is that it seems to take TEs at least a year to get fully comfortable in our system.

Graham basically redshirted 2010 before becoming the monster many said he'd be in 2011. Before him, Shockey was pretty ho-hum during his first season with us in 2008. And Coby Fleener in 2016 seemed to take a while to grasp things.

Maybe with the emphasis on the ground game, that can change, going forward. But it's one of the reasons I've been hoping they bring Graham back instead of signing someone completely unfamiliar.

Good points. With Brees short window, we don't need to take the time and try to develop a TE. Cameron Brate would be awesome with Brees, not require a bank heist to get and contribute immediately.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom