Gay former player encourages current gay players to come out (1 Viewer)

I think all professional athletes are fine with playing along side of someone who is gay. I know they just did a similar poll in the NHL and the guys were completely fine with accepting a gay teammate.

I for one am completely pro-gay. I have a lot friends and some family that are gay. I feel bad for anyone who has to hide such a big part of their life because so many people for what ever reason can't accept them.

For the people saying who cares sex has nothing to do with playing the sport.....sure but that's because most people just expect the players to be straight. And I suppose that those straight players should just hide away their life completely too, spouse, kids, etc. Don't let anyone know you married someone of the opposite sex....that would just be silly.

I think thats likely a gross overstatement if you want to take an honest look at the situation. Many of these players are from traditionally non-accepting backgrounds, and have lived in locker rooms that also are not typically not hugely accepting places.

I think once a guys gone to battle with you and bailed you out and won some games etc... theyd be more apt to look the other way but i would be hard pressed to say everyone would be accepting and supportive - especially from the get go.

The Saints and Goodell could use a good bunch of players to come out (not directly from the saints, but what ev), to get the focus off of this bounty scandal.

Even better, a bunch of Saints players should come out. Then we can accuse Goodell of being a homophobe, too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom