George Kittle..... (1 Viewer)

Kittle isn't the most talented tight end in football, but he is the best (or 2nd best).

what separates him is effort and aggressiveness. There are PLENTY of tight ends that are bigger and stronger than kittle, but his effort sets him apart.

i can respect that. And if you want to bring up a single dropped pass in tight coverage to offset his positive attributes, then go ahead. But that is weak.

what separates him is effort and aggressiveness. There are PLENTY of tight ends that are bigger and stronger than kittle, but his effort sets him apart.

i can respect that.

That was the book of Steve Smith during his time in Carolina. What he lacked in skill and polish, he made up for ten fold in aggression and effort.

He lives in Nashville, beautiful girlfriend and full blown Preds fan. Good dude around town.

I know Kelce is a beast, but I’d take Kittle over him in a heartbeat. Kittle is the closest TE to Gronk in terms of all around ability. Plus, I think he’s impactful regardless of scheme, whereas Kielce would be more reliant on a heavy passing attack offense.

Are you kidding???

And when he catches it, look out. The infamous 4th down play vs us that ended in a face mask tackle....he had another one of those last night.

Tgey literally can’t tackle him.....guys hang on for multiple yards....takes about 5 dudes to eventually drag him down.
And will the SF fans be ragging on their own team's players about it endlessly for the following 9 months? Or maybe just acknowledge that sometimes great players make great plays?

Could use a guy like that on the Saints he's savage

We have a guy like that, he just doesn't get a chance. Jared Cook can do everything Kittle can, but for some reason he's only targeted twice a game and he has to share snaps with Josh Hill who for the life of me I cannot figure out why he's still getting thrown to.

The teams just utilize tight ends differently, that's all.

We have a guy like that, he just doesn't get a chance. Jared Cook can do everything Kittle can, but for some reason he's only targeted twice a game and he has to share snaps with Josh Hill who for the life of me I cannot figure out why he's still getting thrown to.

I really hope this post was sarcasm

Cook is good, but honestly, nowhere near the skillset of Kittle. Kittle is almost impossible to cover with a LB, heck - even corners and safeties struggle with his size and route running.

More accurately, we have someone like Kittle in our offense - Michael Thomas. Basically a guy who can't be covered in the intermediate routes and can make people miss once the ball has been caught.

But Kittle invites the contact and like a prime Gronk, can fight off tacklers.

Again, Cook is good but he can't get open like Kittle and he can't shake off tackler like Kittle.

Kittle is the best, Kelce is a tier below and everyone else is in a battle for 3rd.

He plays TE the opposite of how Jared Cook plays TE. It's not a knock on Cook, but Cook plays TE how Paul Pierce played basketball. He just looks smooth and slow with low intensity. Kittle plays high intensity and out of control sometimes, like Chris "Birdman" Anderson played basketball. Both Birdman and Pierce were good and had their role, but they just play different.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom