Giants Fans Crying May Be the Most Pathetic Thing I’ve Ever Seen (2 Viewers)

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixir
Reaction score
They were 6-10 and are crying that another team didn’t lose to get them into the playoffs. Think about dumb that is.

THEY WERE 6-10 lol...

This is up there for the most pathetic thing I’ve ever seen from an NFL fanbase. The NFL should seriously consider stopping giving sub .500 teams a home playoff game. And they should certainly consider a 6-10 team not being allowed to make it at all unless there’s simply no other better record to take their place.

It’s double sided. I could see their gripe about what transpired during the WFT/Eagles game. At the same time, **** happens. However, you are right in the fact that their team didn’t deserve a playoff spot

When they pulled Hurts, the Eagles were losing, and Hurts was 7/20 with an INT and a 25 rating.

The whole idea that the Eagles were gonna win otherwise is a stretch.

They were 6-10 and are crying that another team didn’t lose to get them into the playoffs. Think about dumb that is.

THEY WERE 6-10 lol...

This is up there for the most pathetic thing I’ve ever seen from an NFL fanbase. The NFL should seriously consider stopping giving sub .500 teams a home playoff game. And they should certainly consider a 6-10 team not being allowed to make it at all unless there’s simply no other better record to take their place.

Come on, man. This board would be doing the same thing if the roles were reversed. Not the biggest Giants fan, but their fanbase is nowhere close to being as bad as you are trying to make them out to be.

When they pulled Hurts, the Eagles were losing, and Hurts was 7/20 with an INT and a 25 rating.

The whole idea that the Eagles were gonna win otherwise is a stretch.
That’s true, but Hurts was still their best option for a victory, despite if he was playing like crap. The game wasn’t out of reach and it only takes one play/drive to swing momentum. Like I said, Doug had his reasons for pulling Hurts (for whatever reason), and those things happen in the final week of the season. To go further, it was reported that Doug was going to be retained next season. So, he possibly “tanked”, knowing they were eliminated, and didn’t want to ruin draft position. I mean, it’s not out of the realm of possibility, and it sure seemed that way to a lot of people.

Last edited:
The fact that you felt the need to post this thread tells me everything about how we’d be reacting

The question isn’t how some Saints fans would react. It’s whether it’d be pathetic or not for Saints fans to cry that another team pulled their starter while losing, after he was 7/20 with a 25 rating, because it might have cost us a playoff spot at 6-10. And that’s a huge might.

I maintain that would indeed be ridiculous and pathetic, even if we did it. It’s one thing to be down about it. It’s another to be angry as if the Eagles were cruising to victory otherwise. They were losing. It’d also be one thing if they were 8-8, but 6-10?

Last edited:
WFT has a lot of holes they need to fill this offseason, winning the division hurts that a lot. The Eagles have a chance to fill a lot of holes as well... no doubt losing yesterday helps them do that.

THEY WERE 6-10 lol...

I think the automatic home playoff game for winning your division should go away. The automatic playoff berth for a team having the best record out of an arbitrary grouping of four teams that comprise a "division" is already enough.

The value of the division was compromised in 2002 when the league expanded/realigned and made all the divisions only four teams and went from three division winners to four. I did research on this long ago, but pre-2002, I believe there were only a couple of division winners that had fewer than 10 wins, and they were both 9-7. Now, with the divisions being so diluted in terms of numbers, it seems far more commonplace to have sub-10 win or even sub-9 win division winners.

Also, back then, pre-realignment, the top wild card team (#4 seed) hosted a round 1 playoff game, and that team was usually the 11-5/12-4 type team that deserves it like we see today, where as now, that top wild card team is relegated to the 5 seed and has to travel now to the worst division winner, who usually has an inferior record.

The realignment really is the culprit here.

The question isn’t how some Saints fans would react. It’d be whether it’d be pathetic or not for Saints fans to cry that another team pulled their starter while losing, after he was 7/20 with a 25 rating, because it might have cost us a playoff spot at 6-10. And that’s a huge might.

I maintain that would indeed be ridiculous and pathetic, even if we did it. It’s one thing to be down about it. It’s another to be angry as if the Eagles were cruising to victory otherwise. They were losing. It’d also be one thing if they were 8-8, but 6-10?
It’s less than 24 hours after their season ended. They wanted one more week to enjoy their team, regardless of the circumstances. It’s not pathetic to be somewhat overreactionary I think your being obtuse regarding that.

If they are still complaining about this come February, I’ll have no problem with your take.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom