Giants Fans Crying May Be the Most Pathetic Thing I’ve Ever Seen (2 Viewers)

To be honest, I wouldn't have minded the Giants making it. They always seem to give Brady fits in the post season.
I agree.. however Washington’s defense will be a better match to destroy Tammy Bay Yucs

What’s all the fuss. I went to bed at halftime and wake up to Eagles threw the game?

me too...such a boring game. I was falling asleep 😴 watching it...last play I actually remember was 99 chasing down Hurts and the announcers were screaming for him to get rid of the ball, lol. I thought it was hilarious when I woke up that the Eagles were like no.....we are going to make sure Washington gets in the playoffs. Giants are 6-10. They don’t deserve to be there. I think Washington is the best team in that division. Washington’s offense is painful to watch and so was the Eagles.

When they pulled Hurts, the Eagles were losing, and Hurts was 7/20 with an INT and a 25 rating.

The whole idea that the Eagles were gonna win otherwise is a stretch.

He did run for 2 TDs. My friend needed 5 more points to win his fantasy championship. So yeah he's not playing fantasy anymore.

I thought it was just for Covid. They added a team to the playoffs back when they thought that it was likely that some teams would play less than the full 16 games.

It has nothing to do with Covid. In fact, if they had to cancel some games they might've added an 8th seed. That one would've been because of Covid. I'm pretty sure this wasn't just for this season.

Where was all this consternation when the Bucs blatantly did the same thing in 2014? For the #1 pick no less. Payton alluded to this in a recent interview he did and, to this day, expressed shock that no big deal was made of it. And that throw, my friends, was patently worse. The Bucs were kicking our arse. Up 20-7 at half and then...poof, they stopped playing. SP seemed to infer Lovie was directed by ownership to throw the game. And that secured a #1 pick in the Jameis Winston draft (ironic!). A Heisman trophy, national championship winning quarterback.

I'm not saying the Eagles throwing isn't shameful but tanking isn't new and this tank gets a C, at best, compared to others I've seen. But, it was nationally televised, so the league is embarrassed, and it screwed over a large market team (the largest) and an NFL blue blood so we have all this outrage that just comes across as hypocrisy. Spare me.

You win your division, you host a playoff game. I have zero problems with that. It's always been that way. It sucks when you have teams with winning records not getting in but those are the breaks, win your division.

As far as the fans crying, I get it. I have never seen an NFL team PURPOSEFULLY not try to win a game, like I did last night. I have been watching football for 40+ years and don't recall anything like that. I get that you're trying to evaluate your 3rd string QB in real time but NAAAAAAAHHHHH. And the Giants had just beaten their divisional rival, making the playoffs was in their grasp. I get it. I'd be incredibly frustrated as well.

I tell you what change I would like...I'd like it that if a team goes 16-0, they get an automatic doublt-bye and a birth in the CCG. That would keep teams from resting if a perfect season is in grasp.

As a local, I can tell you the Eagle fans were happy Hurts was pulled because they didn't want to worsen their draft pick on a needless game.

This about the dumbest thing ever. I’ve seen some on Twitter saying the NFL should do something to Philly for throwing the game. Nonsense.

All Pederson has to do is say we have no clue what are QB position will look like next year. We may move Wentz. Hurts was struggling and we wanted to see if Sudfeld is a viable option to be our backup next year. I can play whoever I damn well feel like it

It’s less than 24 hours after their season ended. They wanted one more week to enjoy their team, regardless of the circumstances. It’s not pathetic to be somewhat overreactionary I think your being obtuse regarding that.

If they are still complaining about this come February, I’ll have no problem with your take.
Perhaps, but complaining because another team didn't help your sub .500 team get in the playoffs is a bit hard to take.

It is not a team's responsibility to look out for another team's playoff
This about the dumbest thing ever. I’ve seen some on Twitter saying the NFL should do something to Philly for throwing the game. Nonsense.

All Pederson has to do is say we have no clue what are QB position will look like next year. We may move Wentz. Hurts was struggling and we wanted to see if Sudfeld is a viable option to be our backup next year. I can play whoever I damn well feel like it

Yeah, no way the NFL would do anything about this. There's a very big difference between throwing a game on purpose vs maybe not putting yourself in the best position to win. No NFL player is going out there and laying down trying to lose. They are highly competitive, some are working for incentives in their contract and on top of that there are limited roster spots in the NFL and no player will jeopardize their chances of having one of those spots. Each team has the right to use or evaluate their personnel as they see fit. They are not responsible for having to help another team get into the playoffs.

As it didn't affect my team, I thought it was hilarious. If you can't win it all, take your enemies down with you. If the Saints were eliminated and had the chance to knock Atlanta out of the playoffs by throwing the last game, fuel up the Sherman and put some rims on it while you're at it, 'cause we goin' tanking...

Come on, man. This board would be doing the same thing if the roles were reversed. Not the biggest Giants fan, but their fanbase is nowhere close to being as bad as you are trying to make them out to be.

Right. And if you watched the game, it wasn’t just pulling Hurts and going on 4th down. It was the play calling. They were in the middle of the field with goal to go and were rolling the pocket instead of spreading out the defense. It was really, really bad.

The Eagles would’ve absolutely won that game if they had played it normally. Washington kept trying to hand it to them and Philly would just give it back. Washington is bad.

Division winners should absolutely get a home game regardless of record. If a division is really good from top to bottom its a much more difficult schedule to play. Not that that's the cast with the NFC Least this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom