Giants Fans Crying May Be the Most Pathetic Thing I’ve Ever Seen (3 Viewers)

for what its worth, i still think the 7 seed extra team is dumb. The bears are 7 @ 8-8. now the 2 doesnt get a bye. dumb

Was that just for the COVID year or are they doing this forever now?

The Giants were pretty much gifted the win earlier in the day. I'm far from a Dallas fan, but anyone watching could see they were getting the Saints treatment. Rodger really wanted NYC in the postseason. I think it's hilarious that Doug Pederson intentionally tanked with bypassing the tying FG and yanking his new toy QB. Anything that makes Rodger Goodell upset, I'm all for it

Last edited:

I thought it was just for Covid. They added a team to the playoffs back when they thought that it was likely that some teams would play less than the full 16 games.

for what its worth, i still think the 7 seed extra team is dumb. The bears are 7 @ 8-8. now the 2 doesnt get a bye. dumb

I agree in general that it is dumb but the AFC absolutely needed that 7th team, or else a 11-5 team would have missed the playoffs. You can chalk that up to conference imbalance, or more accurately, the AFC North beating up on the NFC East.

I think it’s forever because it was a major point from ‘ole Roger during the last Collective Bargaining Agreement. Next year they are also adding a 17th game.

They are struggling to come up with ways to expand their revenue stream because they are so over saturated anyway so Roger wanted more games to be played.

The NFLPA didn’t want more games without a concession, so they got together, formed a united front, and rolled over with nothing to show for it because they are a terrible union.

Its dumb from a competitive standpoint because now you are adding another subpar team into a 1 and done situation but let's be honest this was never about the competition. It was about getting those 2 extra games on wildcard weekend. It was about trying to generate extra revenue.

I also predict that it's forever. Of course the very first year it's implemented, it hurts the Saints. But if not for that, I have to be honest that I like it. It feels right that only the 1 seed should get the bye. It's like a just reward for the regular season crown. The Pack came down to NOLA and beat us in our backyard. They deserve it.

Also I don't think 7 out of 16 advancing per conference is out of whack. I like the extra wildcard opportunity. Maybe next year with a young QB we sneak in and give somebody trouble.

I thought it was just for Covid. They added a team to the playoffs back when they thought that it was likely that some teams would play less than the full 16 games.

I believe the "new" playoff format was decided on awhile ago, before any of us heard about COVID19. The players union had to be involved to change any game scheduling; especially since the league is adding two additional games to the yearly schedule.

I believe the 14-team format is here to stay, regardless of C19.

They were 6-10 and are crying that another team didn’t lose to get them into the playoffs. Think about dumb that is.

THEY WERE 6-10 lol...

This is up there for the most pathetic thing I’ve ever seen from an NFL fanbase. The NFL should seriously consider stopping giving sub .500 teams a home playoff game. And they should certainly consider a 6-10 team not being allowed to make it at all unless there’s simply no other better record to take their place.

Yeah, even die-hard-dumb cowboy fans I know (and I know a lot of them) were very tongue in cheek a couple weeks back when they were still mathematically alive for the playoffs. Saying that in no way shape or form do they deserve the post season, and that they hope they didn't somehow win the east and have to go on the all-time record as the worst team to ever make the playoffs. And that's cowboy fans. LOL.

That being said, I hope football team BEASTMODES the hell out of Tampa.

They were 6-10 and are crying that another team didn’t lose to get them into the playoffs. Think about dumb that is.

THEY WERE 6-10 lol...

This is up there for the most pathetic thing I’ve ever seen from an NFL fanbase. The NFL should seriously consider stopping giving sub .500 teams a home playoff game. And they should certainly consider a 6-10 team not being allowed to make it at all unless there’s simply no other better record to take their place.
Y04petergriffin.jpg

As a kid I used to actually try to figure which team needed to come down with a terrible illness so that the Saints could get into the playoffs. I'm definitely not above crying about a team throwing a game when it could have got us in.

Win your division if you want a home playoff game. If you are a better team as a wildcard then go beat the bad division winner in their house

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom