Go Get Deshaun Watson.. No matter what it costs! (1 Viewer)

I think the starting point, pre draft, is a top two pick. He is going to command a boatload of assets. Most teams just don't have it. There's also fit issues. I get it. He's a top three QB and he's only 25. But he also thinks he should have a say in who the coach and GM are and which players get signed/traded. You have to think very carefully about wether or not you are willing to take on that baggage. I think as talented as he is, he's just not worth it at the asking price. Teams have won titles with QBs far less talented than Watson.

It's not going to happen. The Saints have much bigger issues that need to be resolved before they can even think about making up some sort of offer sheet for Watson or any other player they may want to go after.

Salary cap hell is upon us and you can bet that Mickey Loomis is already trying to figure out who's going to stay and who will be cap casualties.

It's not just Brees that won't be back next year......................there will be several other key players that will be wearing other uniforms next season by the time the fires are put out. And that's IF the fires are put out!!

If we offered to trade basically every offensive and defensive asset we had to get him, maybe the Texans would listen. But honestly, we have nothing to offer that any other team couldn’t easily beat.

It’s not going to happen.

Winston and Hill or maybe just Hill depending on what Winston decides to do. That’s what we have. That’s it.

I think the starting point, pre draft, is a top two pick. He is going to command a boatload of assets. Most teams just don't have it. There's also fit issues. I get it. He's a top three QB and he's only 25. But he also thinks he should have a say in who the coach and GM are and which players get signed/traded. You have to think very carefully about wether or not you are willing to take on that baggage. I think as talented as he is, he's just not worth it at the asking price. Teams have won titles with QBs far less talented than Watson.
Does he think that he has to have that say in general or did he fee that way in Houston because he saw the dumpster fire that organization is and figured if he was going to be around he would like to have a say before they get rid of everyone and give him junk pieces to play with and get killed in the process.

Move would be too costly.

I do NOT want to see this happen (actually think ATL might have as much money issues as we do with Ryan's and Julio's contracts).

Just don't have the assets to get it done. Texans would a minimum of two first round picks, a quality starter and extra picks after that.

Watson’s base salaries past the 2021 season and in order are $35 million, $20 million, $32 million, and $32 million through 2025. Additionally, his 2022 salary of $35 million is fully guaranteed. He’s also due a $17 million roster bonus in March of 2023 and that, along with his $20 million salary for that year, become fully guaranteed in March of 2022.

Freeing up that kind of money is going to be really tough. Trading Michael Thomas would get possibly another first round pick for a package for Watson, but the Saints would get a $20 million dead money cap hit once he is traded. Add in the fact that there is also Drew Bree's dead money hit for 2021 as well.

Massive salaries would have to be moved, possibly Peat, Armstead, Taysom Hill and even parting ways with either Lattimore or Ramsyck. This team really needs young cheap draft picks and we are simply do not have them right now.

These two articles are mind blowing. If they were ever put here, my bad, as I surely missed them. What a slow motion train wreck. If they put it on TV, it would be like the Tiger King. The GOT analogy was very funny but looks accurate. I don't see how Watson will stay in Houston.

so you wanna trade parts of this team that will set this team back 5 years
I would set this team back 5 years in a heartbeat if it gave me a HOF type QB for the next 15. I mean, we did that ourselves with multiple consecutive crappy drafts before bringing in Jeff Ireland... at least this way we'd solve the biggest problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom