Good/great burger in NOLA? (1 Viewer)

Port of call is great if you're already drunk. Otherwise it doesn't hold up to the better burgers in town. I like Company Burger but they have been less consistent lately. Still, it's likely the best burger in town and is usually on point. Another I like is the all American classic burger at Sammy's Food Service on Elysian fields.

I’ll have to disagree with the Company burger love.. the thing i dislike most about them is their lack of decent condiments.. the couple of times i went (to the Warehouse District location), they didnt have anything i asked for that most burger places have , basic stuff like mustard or bbq sauce.. what they *did* have was a “mayonnaise bar”— i hate mayonnaise , so i took that (and the lack of other basic condiments), as a sign that it just wasnt my kinda place.

As far as burgers i do like, i still like Port o Call, even though i havent been in over a year.. i agree with a poster above that Bud’s is good, but i’ve heard that they use Sysco beef for their patties.. a couple I haven’t seen mentioned that i really like are Lee’s hamburger, i go to various locations.. and maybe my favorite burger currently, even though it’s a (local) chain, like Buds and Lees, is Mooyah Burger.. i’ve been more often to their Riverwalk location, but also their Metairie branch, and it’s just a quality, greasy burger with good toppings and great fries.. it’s just a notch above fast food, but so are Buds and Lees.

ETA: i forgot to mention The Backyard, in Lakeview.. they have a great burger, highly recommend.

Last edited:
...and maybe my favorite burger currently, even though it’s a (local) chain, like Buds and Lees, is Mooyah Burger.. i’ve been more often to their Riverwalk location, but also their Metairie branch, and it’s just a quality, greasy burger with good toppings and great fries.. it’s just a notch above fast food, but so are Buds and Lees.

What in God's name makes you think Mooyah is a "local" chain? It's a flat out chain. It's a chain with over 100 locations started in Plano, Texas.

Not trying to hijack, but since a food thread:
Went to a crawl game with a bunch from this site, and ate at some amazing places.
One little hole in the wall I enjoyed was I think called Mothers.?

Is it still there?

And I’m quite prepared for you locals to say it’s terrible lol. I actually ate there with TPS (ThatPigSteve) used to be a member here and some other who dats from here.

Went to a crawl game with a bunch from this site, and ate at some amazing places.

Is it still there?

And I’m quite prepared for you locals to say it’s terrible lol. I actually ate there with TPS (ThatPigSteve) used to be a member here and some other who dats from here.

Mother's is good, but it almost always has a line, and you're not going to find a local willing to wait. I usually eat it when we have something catered. Their fried chicken is really good.

Is it still there?

Mothers is more institution than hole in the wall - like it’s more a maintained ‘charm’ than an actual condition
Actually now that I think about it, there aren’t many actual hole in the walls left (unless you count gas stations with amazing food)

Mother's is good, but it almost always has a line, and you're not going to find a local willing to wait. I usually eat it when we have something catered. Their fried chicken is really good.

TY buzd. Makes me feel good that it’s still there and has a local’s approval as you all would know way more than me.

I do know that every place I’ve ever eaten when attending games there has been fantastic. The food and music in New Orleans is second to none, in my experience. I also love the architecture too, but I digress.

Mothers is more institution than hole in the wall - like it’s more a maintained ‘charm’ than an actual condition
Actually now that I think about it, there aren’t many actual hole in the walls left (unless you count gas stations with amazing food)

Copy that.
I may misremember, just meant in contrast to the really great places we have eaten in NO, that place I guess looked a little less than? The other places were all fancy.
Mothers was a long time ago though I may be misremembering the decor and vibe. I know I loved the food.

Sorry, i hadnt seen them anywhere other than NOLA.. My bad.
No worries. Yep, definitely a chain. And jeez, I must've been dead tired when I posted that, invoking God's name in a burger post...smh. Apologies if I came across a bit harsh.
Hobnobbers, which is/was downtown in the CBD, is literally a hole in the wall of a hole in the wall bar.

Copy that.
I may misremember, just meant in contrast to the really great places we have eaten in NO, that place I guess looked a little less than? The other places were all fancy.
Mothers was a long time ago though I may be misremembering the decor and vibe. I know I loved the food.
No you’re remembering right - it has the ‘ambiance ‘ of a hole in the wall, but it’s a highly trafficked (presumably profitable) which could easily decorate ‘nicer’
So it seems more like a cultivated charm vs a lingering identity

No you’re remembering right - it has the ‘ambiance ‘ of a hole in the wall, but it’s a highly trafficked (presumably profitable) which could easily decorate ‘nicer’
So it seems more like a cultivated charm vs a lingering identity

Ahh. TY for the clarification G-Merk. (I think I like that) ?
Daunte Culpepper ruined that trip for me. Grrrr. Football wise. I wanted to tackle him from the stands and had my wife not held me back I may have tried. Fumble a snap and still get in to beat us. Yuck.

I know I’ve had many trips to see our boys, always stayed at the Monteleone and love that place too.....

Guess I just think that city and area around it rock.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom