Green Bay weather. (1 Viewer)

Tony1Saintfan

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Looks like we’ll be playing in Green Bay next week after we beat the Brady’s. Checking out the weather forecast using weather bug which is the best tool I have looks like no snow with high temps between 20 and 25 degrees.

High of 19 I believe.

Wind chill might end up being in the single digits.

Yikes.

Weatherunderground has 26 with 2” snow. 60% chance. We shall see.

I took some time off and a buddy of mine owns a cabin outside of Green Bay....He let me and my GF at the time stay there for a week or so. Snow was 10 feet deep and freaking cold. It had to be from 0-10 degrees...I also lived in Duluth which was actually worse cause we had the lake effect from Lake Superior....it’s just so cold it HURTS. I can’t even imagine hitting and tackling in that weather....I know we had almost 30 below quite a few times with the windchill. I’ve actually seen -10 to -20 quite a bit....I couldn’t take it anymore.

Kansas City is like Florida compared to that up there.

I took some time off and a buddy of mine owns a cabin outside of Green Bay....He let me and my GF at the time stay there for a week or so. Snow was 10 feet deep and freaking cold. It had to be from 0-10 degrees...I also lived in Duluth which was actually worse cause we had the lake effect from Lake Superior....it’s just so cold it HURTS. I can’t even imagine hitting and tackling in that weather....I know we had almost 30 below quite a few times with the windchill. I’ve actually seen -10 to -20 quite a bit....I couldn’t take it anymore.

Not only hitting and tackling but just catching the ball can be bad. I remember as a kid in south Mississippi cold having a ball stub my fingers and it hurt bad. I can only imagine how bad it is up there. I know there’s no way I would want to live up there.

I can think of another major American NFL city where the extreme cold, driving snow storms and wind chill are as about as bad and painful to experience as Upper Midwest and that's Buffalo. Its a different time of extreme cold, a drier cold with the lake effect coming off Lake Erie instead of the more harsher, Antarctic cold of Minnesota and Wisconsi. Buffalo, if you can imagine, is similar to New Orleans in that being located alongside a huge lake, it affects or makes the wind chill feel more amplified and colder, except in cities like Buffalo, its much, much colder and more extreme. Buffalo winters with their snow storms and blizzards are New England-like in intensity and IMHO, easily matches GB. I would argue Minnesota's winters are even more intense and harsher especially as you get closer to the Canadian border.

Green Bay's forecast per weather channel .

Sun 24 | Day
26° -
32%

winds E @ 6 mph

Mostly cloudy skies with a few snow showers later in the day.
High 26F.
Winds E at 5 to 10 mph.
Chance of snow 30%.

Not only hitting and tackling but just catching the ball can be bad. I remember as a kid in south Mississippi cold having a ball stub my fingers and it hurt bad. I can only imagine how bad it is up there. I know there’s no way I would want to live up there.

As a receiver I hated playing in the cold. Every hit hurts and it's really hard to grab/grip the ball. Not to mention easy to jam your finger.

Someone from up North was saying that the cold down here is colder. They were explaining wet cold from dry cold.

Yes. Dry cold doesn't chill to your bones.
The key is keeping hands, feet and head warm. You do that, and it's really not bad.

You get feet wet in 28 degrees and you just wanna go home. Lol ask duck hunters.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom