Guitar players...and music people in general (1 Viewer)

I watched a good bit just to try and figure out what barefoot bag strap guy was adding.

with the old tv and green walls I kept expecting Ol Doyle to walk in and announce the band was getting back together.

I attended Louisiana Tech. Plenty of parties in trailers and old houses just like that. All of the good stuff happens in side rooms, away from the main party.

And barefoot guy is so high, all he can do is stand there and smile.

I was researching this guitar and stumbled upon this. I still listen to it frequently.

I know nothing but my dad is a musician. Lifelong. He loves guitars and is so ecstatic he just bought a Jumbo Gibson SJ 200 whatever all that means lol. And a top of the line Martin but I can’t remember the model of that. Getting a Taylor tomorrow lol. I’ll show him this. He will enjoy I’m sure.

Wow, your dad has great (and expensive!) tastes in guitars.. i have an Epiphone SJ200 Jumbo, which is basically a cheap knockoff of the one you mentioned your father recently bought.. Epiphone and Gibson are the same company, but the one i have retails for about 1/10th the cost of the Gibson model; i think i paid about $350 or $400.. still, it sounds good to my amateur ears.. before that, my first guitar was a $200 Yamaha and it sounded really good for that price point.

Wow, your dad has great (and expensive!) tastes in guitars.. i have an Epiphone SJ200 Jumbo, which is basically a cheap knockoff of the one you mentioned your father recently bought.. Epiphone and Gibson are the same company, but the one i have retails for about 1/10th the cost of the Gibson model; i think i paid about $350 or $400.. still, it sounds good to my amateur ears.. before that, my first guitar was a $200 Yamaha and it sounded really good for that price point.

I just asked him about that one. He also has many very cheap guitars....and loves them too. But he is utterly infatuated with these last two lol. Guitar isn’t even his strong suit (lifelong excellent drummer, songwriter and vocalist) but he loves to play the guitar as he’s gotten old. ?

I don't play guitar but if I won the lottery I would buy a John Petrucci Majesty guitar. https://www.music-man.com/instruments/guitars/the-majesty
Know what's funny? Everyone always lists these dream guitars but the guitar I've always wanted the most is very easily attainable but yet in the 20 years of me wanting one I've never bought one.....a Jackson dinky reverse headstock haha....it's like $400 or less and yet I still don't own one. I have 2 electrics now (Ibanez and bc rich) so I just don't need another and can never justify buying one.

Know what's funny? Everyone always lists these dream guitars but the guitar I've always wanted the most is very easily attainable but yet in the 20 years of me wanting one I've never bought one.....a Jackson dinky reverse headstock haha....it's like $400 or less and yet I still don't own one. I have 2 electrics now (Ibanez and bc rich) so I just don't need another and can never justify buying one.

I couldn't afford a 100 dollar one let alone the 3-5 thousand one I mentioned.

So Dad excitedly called me he now has completed his guitar experiment. He’s got the Martin the Gibson SJ-200 and just bought a Taylor 414CE. He says those are the top three acoustic guitar makers and his guitar set is now complete lol.

Funny you bumped this....few nights ago me and my son rocked the garage out. I go out tonight and have a speaker rattling in my cabinet so I'm done until I can get a speaker or whole new cabinet. Bummed out for sure. I think until I can get something I'm going to unhook 2 of the speakers and just run 2x10's.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom