Hate to say it but the Big East... (1 Viewer)

peytonknows

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
is horrible. I am watching the Louisville and Rutgers game and while these teams aren't horrible there is no way that they could compete with other conferences. I mean it is a rather entertaining game and they do have some good athletes but there is no way they could beat Auburn/Florida/LSU, actually I think Ole Miss would beat both of these teams. I am just not convinced by Louisville this year. They did beat a good WVU team whom I do have respect for, but they just turned the ball over too much and Louisville had a great game. I just don't think that Louisville can do this week in and week out in the Big 12 or SEC.

actually I think Ole Miss would beat both of these teams.

Whoa, I won't say all of that. However, I think Louisville would be in Tennessee position if they was place in the SEC.

Anyways, I think if Louisville run the table they should be in the National Championship.

I hope Rutgers wins, goes to the national champiionship game against a real team and loses by 75 points.

Ok there is no way that any of the Big Least teams deserve to be in any BCS bowl.

whats all this hate on rutgers/big east??

rutgers has been a BAD program for a long time...them winning now is the happiest thing for those fans and the metro area...basically equals out to the saints winning a superbowl.

and why shouldnt ANY big east team shouldnt be in any BCS bowl, if they played well in the reg season...then why not?? their not diff from the sec or pac-10.

also as far as im concerned...rutgers has helped ALOT OF SEC teams tonight by beating lousiville...i would thank them.

Last edited:
whats all this hate on rutgers/big east??

Everyone sucks but the SEC. The champion of the SEC, may as well be declared the National Champion, because no one can beat a good SEC team, except another good SEC team. The fact that lame-o program like Rutgers might have a shot at playing for the National Title, since they are now the only unbeaten team in a major conference, besides Michigan and Ohio State (who play each other) over an SEC team, is a travesty. Since the SEC all have to play each other, they have such a tough schedule compared to the rest of the country, and is almost impossible to go undefeated.

Everyone sucks but the SEC. The champion of the SEC, may as well be declared the National Champion, because no one can beat a good SEC team, except another good SEC team. The fact that lame-o program like Rutgers might have a shot at playing for the National Title, since they are now the only unbeaten team in a major conference, besides Michigan and Ohio State (who play each other) over an SEC team, is a travesty. Since the SEC all have to play each other, they have such a tough schedule compared to the rest of the country, and is almost impossible to go undefeated.

i understand but geez, let some people be happy for their college program that is rising in their conference and have had a bad team for a LONG time...did you read my post above bout RU??

i understand but geez, let some people be happy for their college program that is rising in their conference and have had a bad team for a LONG time...did you read my post above bout RU??

Well I was joking, I'm Hokie fan (although I have to admit the SEC does look darn good this year from the games I have seen)

What would be awesome is if Arkansas beats Tennessee, but then loses the SECCG, WVU beats Rutgers, Auburn wins the rest of its games and ends up ranked #2, despite not winnings its conference.

I so want the BCS system to fall flat on its face this year yet again, and people clamor for even a small playoff system. With BCS 5 games now, it is very doable. You would do 2 wild card games, then the winners would face #1 and #2, then the title game.

Last edited:
You know I would love to see is ALL of the BCS conferences play a championship game at the end of the year, and the winner of each on gets matched up and plays a little playoff, I think that would be awesome.....That way you wouldn't have to worry about polls or any type of human judgement.....

You know I would love to see is ALL of the BCS conferences play a championship game at the end of the year, and the winner of each on gets matched up and plays a little playoff, I think that would be awesome.....That way you wouldn't have to worry about polls or any type of human judgement.....

I would love to have a playoff with a bracket and then a final game between the two finalists. I think that they have been debating a final playoff game which it should happen. There is a problem with the BCS at least every other year. This year looks to be no different. I am happy for Rutgers and everything but I mean the Big East is a joke to me, they are horrible. I would have felt bad for that kicker if there would have been no offsides penalty on that play and then they lost, that guy would have commited suicide I think.

I would love to have a playoff with a bracket and then a final game between the two finalists. I think that they have been debating a final playoff game which it should happen. There is a problem with the BCS at least every other year. This year looks to be no different. I am happy for Rutgers and everything but I mean the Big East is a joke to me, they are horrible. I would have felt bad for that kicker if there would have been no offsides penalty on that play and then they lost, that guy would have commited suicide I think.

You mean like I suggested or a playoff based on the top whatever(in this case lets say 8) teams ranked in the BCS?

A 6 team, three round playoff system is doable right now. The only potential problem I see is the scheduling of 'traditional' matchups (SEC winner plays suger, PAC-10 winner plays in Rose, etc.) If you wanted to preserve that would have to have some type of variable scheduling depending on who ended up where. I'm not sure if thats possible. Actually another problem is that you would either have to ditch major conference winners, or totally exclude at-large bids like ND or the mid-majors, and they aren't going to like that.

An 8 team playoff with 6 major conference winners + 2 at-large (to please ND and the mid-majors) would make more sense, but it would take 7 total 'bowls' and 2 teams away from the minor bowls. OTOH, you could still preserve the traditional bowl matchups, guarantee that every major conference winner plays, and satisfy both ND and the mid-majors.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom