• No

Votes: 42 40.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 13 12.4%

• Total voters

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
Let's face it. One day, Drew is going to retire from the NFL as a player. He won't be our HOF QB any longer. He will go off to that long-goodby from the NFL, never to grace a field in the Black and Gold ever again. Sigh. But, what happens after that? We know he's a business man, but is that his long term goal for his life? We all know that he loves the game. Can he do like Peyton, and go into Commercials full time?

I feel like Drew has a great offensive mind, as is evident as to how he is a Coach on the Field - an extention to Sean Payton. The way he reads defenses, and understands every nuance of an offense is mind-boggling. And, he knows Defenses too, or he wouldn't be as good as he is. And, with his work ethic, you know he could develope young QB's.

So, here's the question. Do you think he will - or even consider becoming - a Head Coach (one day) in the NFL or College? IMHO, he could definitely do it. And, I believe he would be just as good as Payton or McVay. What do ya'll think? Any chance that he could be the next HC of the New Orleans Saints after Payton retires, or leaves?

I’m skeptical. I’m not saying it cannot happen. It can, but there’s a history of former players getting HC jobs based on their performance as a QB and failing as HC.
Bart Starr with the Packers comes to mind.

The reason Elway has lasted this long as Broncos GM was that he worked his way up. He was the Denver GM in Arena Football for a while before going to the NFL.

I’m skeptical. I’m not saying it cannot happen. It can, but there’s a history of former players getting HC jobs based on their performance as a QB and failing as HC.
Bart Starr with the Packers comes to mind.

The reason Elway has lasted this long as Broncos GM was that he worked his way up. He was the Denver GM in Arena Football for a while before going to the NFL.
Yea. But none of them are offensive super minds like Brees.

I will be a big fan of whatever he decides to do after. I personally suspect politics too. Whatever it is I hope he works his way up instead of being thrown into some position he isn't ready for based on name recognition. I think he will excel at whatever he chooses to do as long as he goes the right route to get there.

Front office assistant to the owner acting as a liaison between ownership and Saints/Pelicans players. Face of the franchise type.

I don't Brees as a head coach as long as his kids are growing up. He's too much of a family man to just put his family aside to coach an NFL team and that's pretty much what a coach has to do.

It takes a demand physically, mentally and can be especially demanding on a family.

I just don't see it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom