Helmets of the future? (1 Viewer)

nolafan33

SR is my life!
Reaction score
U2155-1291856450.png

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...ury-prevention-conference?module=HP_headlines

They look like those helmets I can buy at Walmart.

Goofy looking, just like that Falcons' logo :hihi: Seriously, sooner or later helmets will look like something Halo characters wear. Give it another 10-15 years,

It's disappointing that they're projecting Atlanta to still have a franchise in the future.

Oh god... Looks like I better buy a helmet for people to sign now. I would never want to display that thing.

I thought the placard on the front said labiator. :covri:

Which, I guess if you consider whose helmet it is, would be fitting.

They can strap anything they want to their melons. As long as they continue to use their heads to lead on tackles. Players will continue to get hurt

They can strap anything they want to their melons. As long as they continue to use their heads to lead on tackles. Players will continue to get hurt

Exactly right. No matter the helmet, the brain will still shift inside the skull (think yolk inside an egg). That's why they are beginning to be so strict with technique because that's the only thing they change that might have some effect on decreasing the # of concussions.

looks very non nfl'ish..like a minor league helmet or something

Why don't they add some squishy padding on the outer layer to absorb some of the impact? Might look kinda dumb, but we're talking about player health here....

Why don't they add some squishy padding on the outer layer to absorb some of the impact? Might look kinda dumb, but we're talking about player health here....
Oooh... Like the Gary Busey Helmet Protector?

And the Gary Busey Helmet Protector Protector?

:hihi:

If you go to the link there is a video, and they talk about doing what your taking about here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom