Hot take: Loomis will never fire Dennis Allen (87 Viewers)

To do so, he would be admitting to his failure, and he strikes me as the kind of ego that can never admit failure.

If DA get canned after the season, it will come from the top.
When the dome is half full @ the falclown game, and most are Falclown fans
then the other half leaves after the 3rd qrt---Loomis & Mrs. Benson will get the picture.

Even the Raiders were smart enough to fire him after 4 straight losses in his 3rd year in Oakland. If Loomis/Benson lets it go beyond 5 straight then they are worse than Davis. Nobody wants to have that as their legacy. We might need to see some signs at games saying as much.

If anything I think they let his contract finish which ends after 2025 season. That way they don’t technically “fire” him. Unless he turns it around next season of course lol

If anything I think they let his contract finish which ends after 2025 season. That way they don’t technically “fire” him. Unless he turns it around next season of course lol
I really don’t see how you can bring him in for Year Four.
The fanbase has a different complexion post Brees/Payton.
They are vicious and angry at Allen.

Firing DA would bring a jolt to the fanbase and if Rattler shows improvement, may attract a quality coach.

I think this is, unfortunately, the most likely scenario.

Mrs. Benson is loyal, and in this case, to a fault. Mickey Loomis has defended and defended Dennis Allen again and again yet he should not. The key, in my opinion, will be season ticket renewals towards the end of the season. I don't know when that notification goes out but at the end of the day, money is what makes decisions. If people are not going to games, not renewing tickets, not spending money, then they will let DA go.

But I think that they will use the injuries as their crutch to keep Dennis Allen.

He might not fire him mid season, but I don’t think Loomis is so stubborn that he won’t move on after the season if the team continues to play poorly. I don’t know that mid season firings really work anyway, interim coaches aren’t normally featured in the playoffs, and you end the season in a lose lose situation if the interim coach sparks some life into the team.

Besides, the job is likely more attractive to new candidates if they think they won’t get fired on a whim during the season.

Wow his contract runs to 2025, he has an awesome agent.
dude gets canned after this season and still gets paid for next year. NFL coaching contracts are the best.

salah getting paid a ton to sit at home. lucky him.

also, its time for loomis to get out of the GM position. we all enjoyed his credit card cap play during brees era. but now its run its course. 20+ years you get complacent. but we know he'll never be "fired". probably best to just promote him to some sorta positionright under gayle and hire a real GM.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom