How can you be personally against abortion, but also against making it illegal? (1 Viewer)

I'm not able to answer those kinds of questions, but far too many kids are birthed without a second thought given to their future or welfare. Far too many are afterthoughts in their parents lives and they often contribute to increased crime and more poverty. True, there are many successes, but they are few and far between. In the greater (heartless) picture, what's really better for that person?

Many choose abortion to avoid adding to this problem. It is their choice (not mine) and they should be allowed to make it and deal with the consequences. It's not my place to say otherwise.

IMO, aborting a child is no more heartless or immoral than giving birth to one and neglecting it...

Life is not perfect. I guess Hitler was just ridding the germans of a little problem. In a sense he was aborting people. They just happened to be fully grown. Who's to say, it wasnt our problem. Your argument opens the door wide open to enable wholesale murder for any cause. Now since you don't want to contribute to crime you can go ahead and kill all criminals. You can also kill all poor people. You would be doing us all a favor.

Life is not perfect. I guess Hitler was just ridding the germans of a little problem. In a sense he was aborting people. They just happened to be fully grown. Who's to say, it wasnt our problem. Your argument opens the door wide open to enable wholesale murder for any cause. Now since you don't want to contribute to crime you can go ahead and kill all criminals. You can also kill all poor people. You would be doing us all a favor.

we may not kill ALL criminals, but we do kill the "worst" ones. who are we to judge them in that sense?

Abortion should by banned outright. There is no legitimate argument that will ever make the practice moral, good, or acceptable. This whole issue of rights has been twisted, and manipulated into a morbid and empty extreme, deviod of even a shread of humanity. We now live in a world where animals have more rights than people. This is a sick and perverted society. Perverted in the sense that we pervert our constitution to allow anything under the sun all in the name of rights. Our founding fathers did not have to deal with this issue, because back then they had a concept of morality, and when they wrote and signed of on it, they never imagined a world where we would destroy our own children for any reason, much less the stupid ones I have read here justifying it. If so they probably would have defined morality for us in great detail, because I don't think they could have imagined we as a nation could have lost our moral base. The constitution was written with the assumption that the people who would apply it knew obvious right from wrong. May God, Allah, The Great Spirt, Darwin, Budda or whichever god you think you worship have mercy on our souls.

Oh please stop with the we lost or moral base nonsense. This country is more moral today than it has ever been in every regard except sex. We've walked this road before. The reality is just the opposite from your statement. He Constitution was written with the idea that people, by their nature, don't do right and thus certain rights had to be guaranteed by law to keep them from being trampled on.

Abortion should by banned outright. There is no legitimate argument that will ever make the practice moral, good, or acceptable. This whole issue of rights has been twisted, and manipulated into a morbid and empty extreme, deviod of even a shread of humanity. We now live in a world where animals have more rights than people. This is a sick and perverted society. Perverted in the sense that we pervert our constitution to allow anything under the sun all in the name of rights. Our founding fathers did not have to deal with this issue, because back then they had a concept of morality, and when they wrote and signed of on it, they never imagined a world where we would destroy our own children for any reason, much less the stupid ones I have read here justifying it. If so they probably would have defined morality for us in great detail, because I don't think they could have imagined we as a nation could have lost our moral base. The constitution was written with the assumption that the people who would apply it knew obvious right from wrong. May God, Allah, The Great Spirt, Darwin, Budda or whichever god you think you worship have mercy on our souls.

And the emmy for best dramatic post on a serious issue goes to........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom