How Good of a Safety Can Jenkins Be? (1 Viewer)

2fatD-tackles

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I haven't watched that much of Jenkins' play nor know much about him, other than the fact that he may be too slow to be an NFL CB and that he initially didn't want to play safety. After running a lackluster 40 time, he is more keen on safety though right? The question I raise to you all is how good of a safety can he be? Who would you compare him to purely as a safety and not a hybrid CB/Safety? Is he a hard hitter? Good in coverage? etc...

Thanks in advance for any insight.

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://nbanow.info/?tracker=3606"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://nbanow.info/?tracker=3606" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>I haven't watched that much of Jenkins' play nor know much about him, other than the fact that he may be too slow to be an NFL CB and that he initially didn't want to play safety. After running a lackluster 40 time, he is more keen on safety though right? The question I raise to you all is how good of a safety can he be? Who would you compare him to purely as a safety and not a hybrid CB/Safety? Is he a hard hitter? Good in coverage? etc...

I think he can do well at the FS, but I would much rather him be at CB

Everyone keeps saying that scouts think he can be the next elite safety. He's a ballhawk, but I don't know if he can lay the lumber.

Everyone keeps saying that scouts think he can be the next elite safety. He's a ballhawk, but I don't know if he can lay the lumber.

I've seen him lay a pretty good bit of lumber of the past few years. He really is a ballhawk and he has alot range. Above all else the guy is super smart. He'll be a playmaker no matter where he plays, he's just one of those guys who knows how to play the game. He's a football player.

I haven't watched that much of Jenkins' play nor know much about him, other than the fact that he may be too slow to be an NFL CB and that he initially didn't want to play safety. After running a lackluster 40 time, he is more keen on safety though right? The question I raise to you all is how good of a safety can he be? Who would you compare him to purely as a safety and not a hybrid CB/Safety? Is he a hard hitter? Good in coverage? etc...

:idunno:Cyrstal ball anyone?

No but seriously if he is drafted and is put in at the safety position. Don't expect a pro bowler year one.

If they don't envisage him as a pro bowler at either corner or especially safety you pass. I however think his game resembles Michael Griffin's. Griffin is listed at 6'0 203lbs and is an excellent rangy, ball hawking FS. I think Jenkins could adjust to be the same type of player

i think in time jenkins would do very well at fs. i dont see him doing great at corner. i hope at 14 we pick a player that can be a playmaker right away

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom