How important are these last 6 games to the Saints? (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
How important are these last 5 games to the Saints?

who won the SB that year.

Last edited:
Very interesting, thanks for putting this together in one place.

I was watching the Road to the Superbowl show last night that featured the 1999-2000 Rams and I saw a lot of similarities to that team and the team the Saints field now. I think there's gonna be a good ending to this year.

Excellent analysis. You should submit that to your local newspaper.

I'm currently in Dallas since Katrina. I don't think the Dallas Morning News would have an interest in our SB aspirations this year, in particular, when the Cowboys will probably be one of our obstacles.

If you want to submit it to the Times Pic, be my guest.

Last edited:
I am a firm believer that it is not allways the best team that makes it to the super bowl but the hottest and these stats verify that.

I am a firm believer that it is not allways the best team that makes it to the super bowl but the hottest and these stats verify that.

I've believed that for a long time, as well, and PITT reinforced that for me last year.

Good stuff. About two or so weeks ago I decided I'd be fairly disappointed if the Saints didn't get a first round bye. They raised the bar. The NFC is fairly weak this season -- time for the Saints to make use of that and grab the brass ring.

Great article. If you did all that yourself, I'm impressed. I hope someone submits that to the newspaper (giving credit where it is due).

Yea, I put it together myself, but it really wasn't that difficult. I just went to http://www.pro-football-reference.com and got the info. Then, it was just a matter of reviewing and running the numbers.

Not interested in any credit from the newspapers. I just wanted Saints fans to see that, if this teams plays the way it has for most of the year, goes on a roll right now and gets HOT, it isn't unrealistic to think they they could make it to the big Dance in February... especially with the parity in the NFC.

KFran - solid observations and there is no question teams are well aware that momentum, which is what we are talking about here, is a key ingredient for teams who want to make a push past the first round of the playoffs. Injuries are critical as well and that is something that is left to chance, so lets hope our Saints can stay relatively healthy over the next five games.

If we do this against the remaining schedule we have....we will not be sleepers! I am pumped....bring 'em on, baby

WHO DAT

KFran - solid observations and there is no question teams are well aware that momentum, which is what we are talking about here, is a key ingredient for teams who want to make a push past the first round of the playoffs. Injuries are critical as well and that is something that is left to chance, so lets hope our Saints can stay relatively healthy over the next five games.

Absolutely, JvilleJoe, and operative words are past the first round. It shouldn't shock anyone that many of HOT teams at the end of the season, who get that first round bye, go on to the big dance.

Win that first post season game, and suddenly you're looking at the NFC conference championship game and a chance to represent the NFC in Miami.

I agree... Being relatively healthy is the other part of that equation, along with a first round bye (and perhaps a little luck) that factors heavily into who dances in February.

If we do this against the remaining schedule we have....we will not be sleepers! I am pumped....bring 'em on, baby

WHO DAT

Cuban WhoDat, if you believe this team is good enough to win 4 out it last 5 games (we've already beaten Atlanta), then you have a reason to be optimistic. As Saints fans, we haven't had many opportunities over the past 40 years to realistically feel this way. Enjoy it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom