How many draft picks do we have next year? (1 Viewer)

O MAN

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We traded rb, lt, wr, etc for draft choices in '07. Does anyone have the current number of additional picks next year?

Lipstead Hock

Jank On
Reaction score
well, we have an extra 3rd and 4th. and we should have some nice compensatory selections with the loss of Howard and Bentley. I'm not sure how much the signing of Brees will offset that.

DCSaints_Fan

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
well, we have an extra 3rd and 4th. and we should have some nice compensatory selections with the loss of Howard and Bentley. I'm not sure how much the signing of Brees will offset that.
We won't ge jack for Howard and Bentley since we signed Brees and Fujita. Also, Bentley isnt even playing

We don't get an extra 3rd unless Philly decides to resign Stallworth, which at this point seems very unlikely. So it looks like a full draft + 2 extra 4ths. But hey if we can get 2 more Jahri Evans type players I'm Ok with that.

Saints382

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
im just excited that we have ALL our draft picks in each round next year with an extra there and elsewhere. plus maybe well get lucky with a comp pick....

i mean look at the class, payton drafted this year...imagine if we follow the same belief (character, hard-working, smart players etc) as last draft and get the production we are getting now?? we are going to be loaded next year at maybe every position.

atceagle

BRING THE WOOD!
Reaction score
I know it's fun to look ahead and get prepared for next year, but isn't it great that we are in the playoff hunt and not wanting our Saints to lose a game or three down the stretch to better our draft position. Here's to having the 32nd pick in the first round!

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ours:
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
No 7th (Traded our 7th for Shanle)

Others:
4th (from KC for Bennett)
4th (from Philly can a 3rd if Donte is resigned)

If I'm wrong please correct

slaym

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ours:
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
No 7th (Traded our 7th for Shanle)

Others:
4th (from KC for Bennett)
4th (from Philly can a 3rd if Donte is resigned)

If I'm wrong please correct
All that looks correct, except I think we got some late round undisclosed pick when we traded Gandy (maybe a 7th).

Gore

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
BTW, the Saints used a compensatory pick to draft Colston though it wasn't one the Saints actually "earned" by losing players.

I'm pretty hopeful the Saints will get an additional pick next year. The biggest acquisitions were Brees and Fujita (4 years, $12 million) but NO lost Bentley (highest paid C in NFL history), Howard (6 years, $30 million) and Fakhir Brown (5 years, $12 million).

Saint Greg

SR is my life!
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
BTW, the Saints used a compensatory pick to draft Colston though it wasn't one the Saints actually "earned" by losing players.

I'm pretty hopeful the Saints will get an additional pick next year. The biggest acquisitions were Brees and Fujita (4 years, $12 million) but NO lost Bentley (highest paid C in NFL history), Howard (6 years, $30 million) and Fakhir Brown (5 years, $12 million).
Well part of the equation is performance and post-season honors...Bentley won't help at all in those areas....but hopefully we can get an extra pick.

donato

Regal Beagle V.I.P.
Reaction score
I would be surprised if the Eagles didn't resign Stallworth. I'm pretty much counting on that one being a 3rd rounder for us.

Lee Newell

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
With this coaching staff and their apparent abilities to draft solid players in later rounds, I am confident that they will do a lot with the three extra picks on top of our regular draft picks that we have.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Offense compared to Green Bay is stale, too many bonehead penalties Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 16
jasonsw How many passes 20 yards or over will Drew Brees complete Sunday Night? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 22
Mr. Blue Sky How many times have you been to the Superdome? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 28
NBA virtual draft combine: Pair of projected lottery picks interview Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
It’s the Week Three Goats (in a Bad Way) draft Saints RSS News Feeds 0
NBA virtual draft combine: Tre Jones references Pelicans’ deep Duke connection Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
NBA virtual draft combine: LaMelo Ball downplays future matchups vs. brother Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Taker597 Official 2021 Quarterback Draft Class and In Season Scouting Thread Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 56
CSC Staff Week 4 picks: Falcons freefall, faith in Foles fickle Saints RSS News Feeds 0
NFL Picks Week 3: Eating The Cheese Saints RSS News Feeds 0
CSC Staff Week 3 picks: Seahawks continue to roll, Falcons continue to perplex Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints vs. Raiders odds, line: NFL picks, Monday Night Football predictions from model on 100-65 roll SR News Page Articles 0
How to watch, follow Saints vs. Raiders: Get key broadcast information, expert picks, more Saints RSS News Feeds 0