How should the Saints go about replacing Chase Daniel? (1 Viewer)

Somebody, cheap with experience. McKnown is in the right price range; or for the right price McCoy or Fitz. Perhaps they can hold the clipboard for a few years. Then draft JW Walsh, depending on when he comes out: 2014-2016ish.:9:

Wait and see what Cincy does the next year or two. Find a veteran back-up to get through the next year or so... Then pick up Andy Dalton to be heir-apparent to Brees. I think he'd do waaaaay better here than he's doing for the Bengals. Learn from Drew for a year or 2 then we'd be set for another 5 years after Brees retires.

I think Fitzpatrick could be a good name if we can afford him. His starting days are definately over

I don't understand why a good backup is so important. I mean, if drew went down for a series of games (touching wood) we would lose them all big time, unless we had manning or brady at the helm, and having daniel, fitzpatrick or canfield..what would it change?

I'm thinking at least one of the "bigger" names in the draft falls to the 3rd due to lack of demand after the first. Could be a good time to draft a project for brees to groom for when he retires and becomes our QB coach lol

I don't understand why a good backup is so important. I mean, if drew went down for a series of games (touching wood) we would lose them all big time, unless we had manning or brady at the helm, and having daniel, fitzpatrick or canfield..what would it change?

I was always comfortable with Daniel managing a game for us in emergency situations. I think at this point Luke mccown may be our best immediate option but I'd like for the saints to start looking for brees replacement soon, like the packers did with Rodgers. They weren't afraid to draft one and let him sit behind favre for awhile to learn.

Since it's looking like Chase Daniel won't be coming back, should the Saints look for a cheap backup in free agency or grab a QB in the middle rounds of the draft?

I think grab a Veteran, and next year draft a qb to start grooving into a starter, its almost time to start thinking in that direction, Drew still has a few good years left but you want someone he can teach.

Since it's looking like Chase Daniel won't be coming back, should the Saints look for a cheap backup in free agency or grab a QB in the middle rounds of the draft?

Hope for the best and one of these:

Attachments

• 407155.jpg
    407155.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 85
We should sign Tebow and go long term. Then we can throw the competition at QB open and see where it goes.

Draft or UDFA.

And.. dare I say it?

Tebow.

He said God will lead him to his new team. Who better than the Saints?

And before you guys flame me, realize this. If Drew ever goes down and we need our backup to play anything other than mop up duty, our season is done.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom