I-95 overpass collapse in Philadelphia (1 Viewer)

Madmarsha

Feral housewife
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
SEPTA is gonna be extra fun

That area doesn’t really need more smoke
There's a reason why when I lived about 2 hours west of there I never actually went to Philthadelphia. Dad always had a subscription to the Inquirer and listened to KYW radio EVERY.MORNING.

Of course, my alternative stomping grounds of Baltimore would not be a place I'd want to step foot in many times right now either.

There's a reason why when I lived about 2 hours west of there I never actually went to Philthadelphia. Dad always had a subscription to the Inquirer and listened to KYW radio EVERY.MORNING.

Of course, my alternative stomping grounds of Baltimore would not be a place I'd want to step foot in many times right now either.
My Niece used to be a traveling nurse. Her first night in Baltimore made her change options.

After DC Philly is my favorite museum city in the US
But I get it, I teach a bunch of Northshore kids whose parents live in mortal dread of New Orleans and can’t help but tell me what NO is like even though they only go in for Jazz Fest and fancy anniversary dinners

Crazy that the heat caused that. Yikes

The only good thing is that it is downtown, so lots of alternative routes.

After DC Philly is my favorite museum city in the US
But I get it, I teach a bunch of Northshore kids whose parents live in mortal dread of New Orleans and can’t help but tell me what NO is like even though they only go in for Jazz Fest and fancy anniversary dinners
lol I swear I've met people from Washington Parish who say they were were never south of Slidell. Boggles my mind.

It's funny but I don't think of Philly as a museum city. I mean, as a kid of a history teacher, I know we did Liberty Bell and all the Independence Mall stuff but I am racking my brain trying to remember. We never did a school trip, that I remember, so no Rocky redux and in later years when others were going to Philly to party, I never did. Just didn't gravitate there. I liked Maryland much better. I think it was hearing all the traffic reports of around King of Prussia and Schuylkill Expressway and the like. And then there's the MOVE bombing.

Last edited:
My Niece used to be a traveling nurse. Her first night in Baltimore made her change options.
I once pulled over a cop in south Baltimore because I was lost and couldn't find my way out of the city and was scared to death. Luckily he did give me directions.

Crazy that the heat caused that. Yikes

The only good thing is that it is downtown, so lots of alternative routes.
Crazy, yes. You can see in the news report exactly what it did to those massive steel beams that support those flyovers.

Pretty much puts to shame all those idiots who claimed the heat and fire from the planes couldn't have brought down the twin towers...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom