I know, I know, but seriously.. (1 Viewer)

This team isn't good enough on defense and special teams to go unbeaten ... Realistically, this is a 9-7 or 10-6 football team. It's good to be optimistic, but don't go overboard. I predicted 9-7 prior to the season and I'll stick with it. This team isn't the 1972 Dolphins or 2007 Patriots. A winning season and playoff berth are realistic expectations.
9-7 are you on crack!?!?! this team will go 13-3 atleast i truly believe. your right were not the 1972 dolphons or 07 Pats. WERE THE ******* 2009 SAINTS

What will make me mad is if we win the game the same analysis that picked the eagles to win will say that the only reason the Saints won is because McNab wasn't playing. :rant:

If we lose a game will there be great wailings and gnashings of teeth and talk of firing coaches and trading running backs and left tackles and kickers and receivers? Will we need a suicide watch? Stay tuned...

I Agree.

I can't comprehend all the "analysts" picking the eagles to beat us, even without McNabb. :rant:

The Eagles have a very good defense. Drew & Co have been shut down by defenses like this before. They also have a very good return man, and we showed last week we arent very good covering returns, this could bit us in the butt.

I truly think we will win Sunday, but in no means is it going to be the cake walk many here are thinking <wondering why I predicted 31-17 earlier in the week>. This is going to be a hard fought game, the O is going to have to work hard for every first down.

just wait, i know you have no idea what a good D looks like unless you look at old tapes of Dome Patrol but trust me week 1 dont mean anything.

last year after week 1 we were #31 i think, we ended last season top 10

What week 1 means is relative to every different situation and team. Being ranked high in week 1 doesn't mean you have start sucking.

Holding any NFL team to under 250 yards of offense (with most of that coming in garbage time), and less then 40 yards total rushing, is impressive. Kevin Smith rushed for 1000 yards last year. He's pretty good. Calvin Johnson is the toughest WR in the league to defend. Pettigrew was one of the best TEs in college football. It's not like the Lions O is made up of scrubs.

It's their defense that is a joke.

9-7 are you on crack!?!?! this team will go 13-3 atleast i truly believe. your right were not the 1972 dolphons or 07 Pats. WERE THE ******* 2009 SAINTS

When the regular season is over, we'll see who's closer. I say 9-7. and a possible wild card playoff game. You say 13-3. I hope I'm wrong and the team does end up 13-3, but it's very unlikely. No, I'm not on crack. I'm on a dose of realism. When one is a fan of this team for over 40 years, you learn not to get too excited about an opening day over a previously winless team.

Last edited:
We are talking about a team, who in the past, struggled to win 2-3 games in a row, much less 16.

Now I agree, if we play our best FB every Sunday, we can beat any team in the league, but this team has showed too many inconsistencies in the past.

I believe this team has learned alot of lessons over the last few years, lets see how that translates to Sundays.

But 16-0 would be sweet, but highly unlikely.

I have high hopes for this year.
If we score a bunch of points on Phi and hold them we will have some bragging room.
I fully expect this to happen.

just wait, i know you have no idea what a good D looks like unless you look at old tapes of Dome Patrol but trust me week 1 dont mean anything.

last year after week 1 we were #31 i think, we ended last season top 10
Trust me get used to getting housed. You think Roy Williams and Romo are even close to Brees and Henderson? Get used to it, it's very possible we wind up with a combined 10+ TDs against the scrubs this year. Of course getting your pothead back may help cut it down from 12 to 11.

I really don't see one team beating us. I know it's only week 2 but of we stay healthy ( defense and breesus mainly) I don't see a team beating us. I know were certain to loose atleast 1. But Ihonestly think were the best team in the NFL and not long until the rest of the league see this

Such a loooooooong season

When the regular season is over, we'll see who's closer. I say 9-7. and a possible wild card playoff game. You say 13-3. I hope I'm wrong and the team does end up 13-3, but it's very unlikely. No, I'm not on crack. I'm on a dose of realism. When one is a fan of this team for over 40 years, you learn not to get too excited about an opening day over a previously winless team.

So who wins the south?

I think we finish 9-7, and the Falcons will finish 10-6. Carolina is either 8-8 or 7-9, and TB at 5 or 6 wins.

This was my prediction before the season started. I'd like nothing better to finish ahead of Atlanta and beat them twice (for the tie-breaker) ... hey, I was at the 62-7 game in Tulane Stadium in 1973. The only thing worse than the game was the heat. It had to have been almost 100 degrees that day, and probably 120 on the artifical turf.

What week 1 means is relative to every different situation and team. Being ranked high in week 1 doesn't mean you have start sucking.

Holding any NFL team to under 250 yards of offense (with most of that coming in garbage time), and less then 40 yards total rushing, is impressive. Kevin Smith rushed for 1000 yards last year. He's pretty good. Calvin Johnson is the toughest WR in the league to defend. Pettigrew was one of the best TEs in college football. It's not like the Lions O is made up of scrubs.

It's their defense that is a joke.
lol ok dude first of all you made them sound way too high and mighty
first of all Kevin Smith did not rush for 1000 last year,
second of all Calvin Johnson is good BUT he had a rookie QB throwing to him, and i believe he torched you on 1 play
and Pettegrew......dude who the hell cares what he did in college, its the NFL

Only the 07 Rams could make Crayton have as big a day as Randy Moss, congratulations to the boys in Pewter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom