I like our chances to win the NFC this year (1 Viewer)

Wouldn't it be interesting if the team that won the London game won Superbowl again this year! How many teams would be chomping to come to the UK for 2009? Gotta be a possibility! Go Saints!

If Vilma was our saviour he would have cost us more than a 4th round pick this year. If Vilma does not come through then this team still has not answered the biggest areas of need.

Huh? Is this all about us not landing Briggs? Or Zach? Or what?

If Vilma was our saviour he would have cost us more than a 4th round pick this year. If Vilma does not come through then this team still has not answered the biggest areas of need.

I am not suggesting the Vilma will do for our defense what Randy Moss did for New England's offense, but Moss did cost only a fourth round pick. The value of payment is not necessarily in line with the value of the goods. The Jets just realized that they would do better to get something now than to allow him to become a free agent next March, where they would get nothing for him, especially since they found a player more suited to the 3-4 defense they run. If Vilma is the answer, we will probably end up giving a 2nd for him, anyway, because of the wording of the deal.

Perhaps the problem is seeking a "saviour" for the defense. No one player will be that, and if we think that way, we will always be disappointed, which may be what gives rise to such total negativity and pessimism expressed on this forum so often.

What about Duece? How's the rehab coming along? Is he going to be at full strength or what? I'm as big a fan of Reggie as anyone, but I don't think Reggie is the RB we need to be taking the rock up the middle. Payton and the staff have got to come up with other ways other than up the middle for him. I see them using him more as a WR this year.

I wouldn't be against us taking a shot at a RB in the middle rounds. This draft is loaded at the position.

Eh, I say this EVERY year. We will win the NFC South, and NFC title. Sooner or later I'll be right. :)

I would feel a lot better if we got Lito Sheppard or at least Dyson.... Having said that I think that we have a real shot this season.

I expect Bush to come out and have an "FU" kind of season proving everyone wrong who bashed him all last year. As long as we can sure up the corners, get a little more athletic on defense, and take care of the football on offense, we'll be right up there with the Cowgirls and Eagles.

i like that ......

I say parity is back big time this year. 10-6 might get 1st round bye again (like 2006). Bottom-feeders will probably get a minimum of 4-5 wins. Lots of teams will probably be bunched between 6-10 and 9-7.

P-A-R-I-T-Y will make it especially important for the Saints to get off to a fast start!

:gosaints:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom