I ran across this. (1 Viewer)

Mcnabb had his way all day long....When he's healthy he can single handedly carry an offense.....Philli beat us up front too. I don't know if it's just talent or the scheme, but everytime we brought pressure, we failed. Not many corners in the NFL that can cover a reciever one on one for that long with no safety help.

Just bad scheme and a lack of speed up front.

As the old saying goes "Give any QB enough time and he'll find the open man". Watching that.....McNabb has enough time to make a sammich, look for his Mom up the stands, and still find his third or fourth receiver. Grant and Smith do a great job of taking themselves out of any chance of making a play by going so wide. Then the DL leaves huge running lanes for McNabb. There is zero inside push. It wouldn't matter if Deion Sanders and Dick "Nighttrain" Lane in their prime were the Saints CBs they would still have gotten torched by McNabb with all day to throw.

I really hope Coach Ogreron can convince Waddlin' Will Smith and Chubby Charles Grant to lose weight. Or move Grant to 3 tech on every passing down and let McCray rush the passer. We also desperately need some kind of inside push from the DTs. Better play from the DL would = better play from the CBs. I pray Dorsey or Ellis falls. I would settle for DRC but we need DL help more.......
That's exactly what I saw as well. I also think usama will be a much improved player once we get some push from our DT. The plays where he was "burned" he was right there on the guy, but McNabb had enough time to drop the ball in exactly where it was needed. I don't care who you are, you can't defend a perfectly thrown pass unless you interfere.

Last edited:
Mckenzie going down in the 1st quarter has alot to do with the result of this game. That, and the lack of creative playcalling in that goal line series where we had an opportunity to tie it at 24.

Thanks for posting this. My eyes had just stopped bleeding from the first time I watched it, and i missed my ocular hemorrhage.

4) That, by the way, seems to be a common theme with our CBs, using the wrong technique. I wonder if the change in position coaching won't help that.

I would have sworn up and down WWL radio said something about the secondary not getting the play, but I can't back it up.
That said, in the past 2 seasons I've seen MM do the "wth" hand signal in plain view before the snap.
:dunno: <--- Like that.

How much would that explain?

The video showed pretty much what most on the board believe, we need a play maker in the DT spot.

This being said, we will end up taking the BPA or trading down to grab need. I am incline to believe the former.

-

5) The big McNabb scramble? Josh Bullocks gets tripped up by an Eagle blocker and loses the backside contain

Yes, but he looked like he bit on the play action already. At least too much for my liking :ezbill:

---

Now whot do you think we should take at #10? Notice front 4 gets no pressure in the end but Cb's get burned. Also Young was getting torched at CB.

DB coverage also has to do with D-line pressure. We didn't get any of that last year. QBs were having a picnic before they felt like they had to throw the ball. Don't get me wrong, we need CB help and bad, especially with MM hurt. But it's not just DB problems here.

Yes, but he looked like he bit on the play action already. At least too much for my liking :ezbill:

---

Not only he bites on the play action, but he runs into Will Smith's blocker, when all he has to do is run around them. That blocker #84, is blocking Will Smith,as the T pulls out and Bullocks runs into him! That McNabb scramble could have easily been contained by Bullocks!

Bullocks played good???..... Not here!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom