I think DA is Getting Year 4 (5 Viewers)

DA is here indefinitely and I doubt there is a change before he gets 5 seasons or more. He has to deal with the shirtshow SP left behind, complete a soft rebuild, guide the team while ML fixes the books, then be given a chance to win with what comes out the other side with. It's only CJGJ, MT and a few fans that have an issue with DA.

If this were even remotely true we would have already heard about a two year extension for him as his original deal was a 3 year contract
Allen was hired on a 4 year contract in 2022. He’s under contract as HC through 2025. We probably see early extension talks during or after the 2024 season once he has one year left on his contract.

If the Kubiak, Benton and Dennison hires improves the team’s W/L results as expected, DA will be extended. A minimal one win improvement at 10-7 should have the team in the playoffs.

Allen was hired on a 4 year contract in 2022. He’s under contract as HC through 2025. We probably see early extension talks during or after the 2024 season once he has one year left on his contract.

If the Kubiak, Benton and Dennison hires improves the team’s W/L results as expected, DA will be extended. A minimal one win improvement at 10-7 should have the team in the playoffs.
Sorry you are correct I was confusing his deal with the Pelicans coach deal.

DA is here indefinitely and I doubt there is a change before he gets 5 seasons or more. He has to deal with the shirtshow SP left behind, complete a soft rebuild, guide the team while ML fixes the books, then be given a chance to win with what comes out the other side with. It's only CJGJ, MT and a few fans that have an issue with DA.
A few fans? L-O-L

I've said since last year when most were wanting him gone that he isn't going anywhere. We were used to SP for so long and DA isn't that kind of coach. Can't fire a guy when it seems they are trying to get out of this kicking the can down the road mentality. If we were to fire him, the next coach comes in in the same situation we in now. Just be patient.

I think one of the bigger missteps in terms of the DA hire was selling him as a continuation of the winning culture and standard that we had all become accustomed to. I think not doing a soft rebuild from day one of DA becoming HC was a mistake that we'll be feeling for another couple of years.

If they had hired DA and been honest with themselves and us that the team needed some help, and sold DA as the right person to navigate this team through the soft rebuild then we may have had some more leeway with him the last couple of years and moving forward.

Now we're finally doing what we should have done, and in addition to very possibly missing the playoffs again, we're also likely going to get DA for even longer. It just makes these last couple of years feel like a waste.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom